Follow the link for a walk thru video of Rio River Retreat:
Large enough for multiple families, church groups, quilt/ craft/ scrapbook retreats, small weddings/ vow renewals, business retreats, atv groups, hunters, fishing groups etc. The open concept living/ kitchen/ dining area provides ample space for everyone to gather without feeling crowded. The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, cookware and has 2 refrigerators, 2 ovens, a gas stove top and large island for food prep for your group. The dining table will seat 14, an additional table seats 4 and 5 can sit at the bar.
South Fork is your basecamp for adventure! Nestled in the Rio Grande National Forrest and in the San Juan mountain range, you are sure to find activities to keep you busy during your stay.
- Fly fish in the Gold Medal fishing waters of the Rio Grande River
- Fish in the many beautiful lakes and reservoirs nearby
- Take a hike and enjoy the scenery of the majestic mountains. Trails range from beginners to advanced. Just 17 miles away you will find the Continental Divide trail at the top of Wolf Creek Pass.
- Ski the best powder in Colorado at Wolf Creek Ski Resort
- ATV/ jeep trail for hundreds of miles on easy or extreme trails
- Explore the old mining town of Creede and drive Bachelor's Loop
- Ride the Durango/ Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Play in the sand and creek bed at the Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Drive over Wolf Creek Pass at hike to the top of Treasure Falls.
- Relax in the healing mineral waters at Pagosa Springs hot springs pools
- Rock climb at world known Penitente' Canyon
- Snow shoe and cross country ski the groomed trails around South Fork
- Explore the winter wilderness on a snow mobile
- Play golf at the championship golf course, Rio Grand Club and Resort
- Hunt deer, elk and bear (must obtain tags)
With so much to do and so little time, you are sure to start planning your next trip before you even leave!
Rio River Retreat Cabin has three floors with two rooms on each.
The Lodge room is right off the living area and has 2 windows that look out to the river. You will also find a sitting area for morning coffee or just enjoying a good book in the Lodge Room. It has a private bath with a tile/ glass shower.
The River Room is super cozy with 2 twin beds and a floor to ceiling window that overlooks the river. What a beautiful view to wake up to in the mornings! There is a half bath right outside of this room.
The Aspen Room has a queen, twin and roll out trundle. Open the window to hear the river as you doze off to sleep at night and enjoy watching it flow by during the day!
The Oh Deer Room also has a queen, twin and roll out trundle and has room for a playpen if needed (which is provided). A cozy rocking chair is situated by the window for a beautiful view of the river.
The loft has 3 hand hewn log daybeds and 2 roll out trundles. Enjoy the stunning views of the San Juan Mountains out the large picture windows.
There is a full bath situated between the 2 bedrooms upstairs with a tub/ shower combo.
This is where you will find the kids in your group hanging out the most. With an additional living area with tv/ dvd, a pool table, 2 foose ball tables, 2 game tables and lots of board games, they will be sure to have lots of fun! There are 2 bedrooms and a full bath with stand-up shower located on the lower level, which walks out to the large patio/ driveway.
The Colorado room has a queen bed and a full over full bunk bed, perfect for a couple of small kids in sleeping bags.
The Texas Room has a queen Sleep Number bed as well as a twin size bed.
There is a washer/ dryer located on the main level that is for our guests to use during their stay.
Outside amenities include a large deck with tables and chairs overlooking the river, large patio on the lower level with a large propane and charcoal grill, picnic table, riverside fire pit with grate for cooking on, fish cleaning station, large beautiful, grassy yard for games, aspen arch overlooking the river for intimate small weddings and vow renewal ceremonies and log style bench seats for guest seating. White folding chairs are available for rent if needed.
We do provide 4,6 and 8' folding tables for our sewing, quilting, craft, scrapbook retreats as well as comfy chairs for any group that needs them.
Horse boarding is available on the property next door for an additional fee for those who need it. A large pen and covered stall with water use and plenty of extra parking for your horse trailer are provided.
Policies and Rules
|Check In||4PM - 10PM|
Prior to obtaining door entry codes you MUST: -Print, sign and return the rental agreement to owners -Text or email a copy of your driver's license to the owners One day prior to arrival you will be sent the codes to the keyless entry doors. Should you need to arrive prior to 4pm, approval must be obtained one week in advance.
Explore more options around South Fork
Rio River Retreat Cabin is a Cabin located in South Fork, Colorado, United States. This Cabin is available for short term lodging and accommodates 24 guests
Rio River Retreat Cabin has 7 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and was listed on Houfy on Oct 2020
Listing # 18875 - 1662 Views