Getting started on Houfy - Where owners and guests can book without service fees
Listing your property for FREE on Houfy! - an innovative marketplace that allows members to book and connect directly, without paying service fees.
Here a few reasons why you should join Houfy:
- Houfy does not charge owners or guests commissions nor listing fees for basic listings
- Guest payments are not withheld. Connect with Stripe or Square on Houfy to receive payment at time of booking
- Travelers do not pay booking fees. Send departing guests your Houfy listing so they don't have to pay service fees on their next stay
- To gain independence & maintain total control of your property
- To communicate directly with your prospective renters via phone, text or email so you can vet them before they book and make sure your rental is a good fit for them
- Houfy provides you with a search engine the way things used to be—with full transparency. Houfy shows exact pricing when searched with dates
- You will not be penalized in search results for not having flexible policies or instant book
- Guests abide by your set policies; Houfy does not override your cancellation policies
- Create local guides that you and your guests can share on social media. You don't even have to list a property on Houfy in order to use these FREE tools
- Houfy is a great tool in addition to your own website; we offer calendar, quote, reviews and pricing widgets as well!
- Use your Houfy listing as a website to link to your Google Business Listing or Facebook page & be found on Houfy for travelers who google your property to avoid paying service fees
Adding your listing into Houfy is extremely simple! You can do this by using our import tool or by manually adding your listing.
- Import your listing from AirBnB or VRBO - use the import tool to add your listing to our network in less than 10 seconds. This will import you entire listing except for the Calendar and Rates.
- Set pricing - this is necessary to activate your listing and please complete the rates, seasons, booking cut off date, etc.
- Import your Calendar & sync with the other sites. You will only import your calendar this one time. Moving forward Houfy automatically syncs the calendars every 6 HRS. You can also manually sync, by clicking on the sync icon. Airbnb Video VRBO video
- Sync reviews - if you imported reviews from your ABB listing, then you may need to sync reviews with VRBO, and vice versa. You will need to periodically click on the sync icon in order to update the review sync. This is not automatic. - Video Link
- Set up Payments: Houfy has Stripe and Square options integrated. Sign up with those or set up your own method of accepting payment
- Verify your listing is completed
Otherwise manually upload your listing.
- Overview - Room Details - Location - Amenities - Suitability - Verifications
- Photos - Please view this article about moving your photos
- Pricing - Please be advised, we need a price to be activated on our marketplace. For more information: click here
- Reviews: You can import/export reviews
- Activities - Please select the activities which are available to your guests near your property
- Calendar - Please sync your calendar
Adding Profile details
- Verify phone number, email, and upload a profile pic
Why is all of this necessary? Because Houfy isn't going to allow outdated listings, unverified profiles etc. You need to be prepared to accept a booking request. Starting around April 1st, incomplete listings will be hidden from the marketplace.
Join our Facebook group:
Be part of the solution: Join our Facebook Member Group and get the latest insights and updates. Houfy uses powerful programs which can easily be changed to any of your wishes/suggestions.
And join our Houfy Vacation rentals group:
Introducing "Wonderful Houfies"
How do you become one? What are the requirements? And why should you?
Wonderful Houfies are hosts on Houfy who actively participate in the growth of our platform and the bookdirect movement with perfectly updated listings and profiles.
What are the requirements?
- Completed Listing(s): Description/Location/Photo & Base Price
- Room Details/Sleeping arrangements filled in
- Added Amenities
- Added Suitability
- Double Verification (All listings on Houfy are being re-verified)
- Minimum of 5 Photos
- Pricing: Booking Cut Off date at least 1 year out
- Updated pricing for seasons/dates/weekends etc.
- 5 Quality Reviews (from Airbnb/Homeaway sites)
- Synced/Updated Calendar
Updated Profile: (Most new members had to verify e-mail/phone)
- Full first name & Last name (We hide last names on Houfy)
- Verified e-mail (You can hide this information at Settings)
- Verified phone (You can hide at Settings)
- Profile picture
- Where you are from
- Profile text about yourself
Please make sure all the above information is filled in and corrected before requesting the Wonderful Houfie badge for your profile!
Please join Say Yes to Houfy on Facebook and search for "Wonderful Houfie" - add your listing number or Houfy listing url and we will review your profile.
Alternatively: Please send us an e-mail with Subject Wonderful Houfie with your Houfy listing number/url to: email@example.com
To remain a "Wonderful Houfie" in the future you will need:
- At least 20 views on your listing per month (counted per new IP) starting June 1, 2020 (This to keep promoting the bookdirect movement)
What do you get out of this?
- "Wonderful Houfies" will be able to participate in Houfy contests and win fantastic prices. (Amazon Gift certificates and Houfy gear) - The first contest of 2020 is expected later in May or in June
- Listings of "Wonderful Houfies" will be ranked higher in search results
- Listings of "Wonderful Houfies" will be shown on our home pages and destination pages
How is the response time and response rate calculated for messaging on my Houfy listing?
Showing responsiveness encourages Houfy members to message fast; this is why we show response time and response rate on your listing to communicate how quickly and consistently you respond to messages to potential guests.
- Your response time is the median time you took to respond to new messages in the last 3 messages.
- Your response rate is the percentage of new messages you responded of the last 3 messages.
You can improve your response time and response rate by replying to new customer messages on Houfy or from the email notification as soon as possible.
Add a co-host on Houfy
How to add a co-host for the listing on Houfy
- Edit listing -> Contact person
- Click Add a co-host
- Enter the email address which your co-host used while creating an account on Houfy or will use to create an account on Houfy
- Your co-host will receive an email from Houfy to sign up or log in to become a co-host.
- Once they sign up or log in to Houfy, they see the link to accept co-host invitation on Houfy.
- Once you accept the invite, you become a co-host.
Co-host can see co-hosted listings at Right menu > Listings > Co-hosted listings.