Houfy website builder
I want to add a newly listed property to my website domain page and delete an older one.
Go the website builder section at by clicking on the + on the menu bar. Select > Website Builder
- Select your website you want to edit
- Select preferences on the left menu
- Go to listings associated with this website and add or remove the listings
If you have more questions, please join our facebook member group
Edit listing related data on my website
To edit overview(listing summary)
- Go to website builder and select the website to manage.
- Select pages from the left menu
- Select the page you want to edit and click Edit
- Click on the section to edit
- Click the edit button and edit the content of the section.
Add a page to my website menu
Changing the color of your website business name
How to add posts or collections to my website
How to remove the read more button on my website
Change the default listing of my website
Create a website with Houfy's website builder
To create a website powered by Houfy please follow the below instructions:
- Click plus menu > Website builder
- Click on single/multi vacation rental website based on your need.
3. Enter the business name or website name and click continue.
4. Select listing(s) associated with the website and click continue.
Done. Your website will be created within a few seconds.
Now you can do below things:
- Select the template for the website
- Connect your domain to the website
- Edit pages or sections
- Edit colors or font
Houfy website builder templates
This post explains about website builder's template feature.
Website builder provides different layout changes to start building your website.
Currently, there are 5 templates:
Houfy template (Default template): This template has a similar view as a single page view listing.
Template 1: Search in the middle of the slider or mage image. This is a multi-page template.
Template 2: Search at the bottom of the slider or mage image. This is a multi-page template.
Template 3: Menus below the logo on the separate line. Search at the bottom of the slide or main image. This is a multi-page template.
Template 4: Slider or main image is full screen with search in the middle. This is a multi-page template.
To choose a different template:
- Go to website builder -> Manage
- On the left, you can see a list of the available templates. Click "Install" to choose the template.
How to edit colors and font on Houfy website builder
How do I remove or add sections from website builder?
Log in and click on the +, select website builder
Select the website you would like to edit
Select pages in the menu and select the page you want to change
Select one of the items on the left menu you would like to remove
Or: to add a section: Scroll down in the left menu and select "add section"
Select a section you would like to add:
Remove a section from my website
Domain verification at Google Search Console with Houfy website builder
How to verify domain ownership at Google search console with Houfy website builder
To make your website searchable on google you need to submit it to Google search console. Please review the steps below explaining the process to submit your website to Google search console.
- Visit Google Search Console - https://search.google.com/search-console and click on the add property button.
Once you click on Add property, it will show the popup in the picture below.
2. Choose the URL prefix method for the domain verification. Enter the complete URL of your Houfy website or the custom domain. (incl. https)
3. Click the continue button to proceed to verify ownership(see pic below). Choose first method HTML tag as the method for the verification.
4. Copy the meta tags for the popup. Go to website builder on Houfy. Preferences -> Meta tags -> Enter the copied tag.
5. Once meta tags are saved, click on verify at Google Search Console.
Website domain setup guide
Connecting your own domain to Houfy website builder
To connect your domain to Houfy website builder you will need to follow the guide below. In the example below, we are taking your-domain.com as a test domain you wanted to connect. You need to make changes as per your domain name
Before you begin
You need to have the following information
- Your login information for your third-party domain provider account(e.g Godaddy, Google domains, Amazon Route53, etc)
- The Houfy IP address 220.127.116.11
Step 1: Change your DNS records in your third-party domain provider account
- On your domain provider’s website, log in to your account.
- Find the DNS settings or domain management area.
- Change the following records:
- Point the A record to the Houfy IP address 18.104.22.168
- Point the CNAME record with the name www to your-domain.com
- Save your changes
You can have only one A record associated with a domain. If your domain is already associated with an A record, make changes to it and point to Houfy IP address 22.214.171.124
Note: Domain changes may take time from few minutes to 24hours depending on your registar. Lowering the Time to Live (TTL) value of your domain can help your domain update faster. Contact your third-party domain provider for suggestions and instructions on how to change your TTL.
Step 2: Connect your domain to Houfy on the website builder
- Edit your website and select domains from the left navigation
- Click Connect existing domain.
- Enter your domain, such as your-domain.com, and then click Next
- To confirm that your domain is connected to your Houfy website, click Verify connection.
Your domain connection will get verified if your domain DNS changes are correct. Once all is done it will show as connected and your domain is live and ready to use.
Example DNS record modification at your domain provider:
Below are the example DNS records that you need to modify at your DNS provider. In this example we have made DNS record for the domain hou4y.com, you should use your own domain instead.
1. A record:
Name - hou4y.com
Value - 126.96.36.199
2. CNAME record:
Name - www.hou4y.com
Value - hou4y.com
Note: Please use your own domain name.
Embed youtube video to website
This post explains how to embed a youtube video into your Houfy website
- Select the page you want to add a youtube video.
- Click add section -> Select custom html
- In the custom HTML add the code of your youtube embed
Note: Your youtube embed source(src) is different from your youtube video url
To get a youtube embed source: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ + "video id"
Are you looking for an easy and reliable way to build a top-notch website for your vacation rental business? Say hello to Houfy, the world’s simplest website builder for vacation rentals!
Having your own professional website will give you a competitive edge over other vacation-rental businesses, helping you attract more potential guests and instill confidence in their booking decisions. Show them that you’re serious about your business with a Houfy website! Get started today and see just how easy building a lasting online presence can be.
No coding skills or prior experience are needed with our user-friendly interface. Houfy makes building a website easier than ever; you can get up and running in mere minutes. Our professionally designed templates offer an array of customizable options, allowing you to create a unique website tailored to reflect your rental brand’s style and flair. With Houfy, you get all the features necessary to design the perfect website.
How does this work?
Log in > Click on + > Select Website Builder (For completed and verified Houfy listings only!)
We have created a system where any update you make on your Houfy listing(s), including pricing/calendar/pictures/text/guides, will instantly update your Houfy connected website XYZ-rentals.com.
Sample for one property: https://www.tinytikiretrohideaway.com
Sample for Multiple properties: https://www.bed.ninja
You have the option to stay the owner of the domain if you chose so and we can link our program to your domain. - for more info.
Pricing: this will be reasonable and decided sometime in 2023.
Thanks T & S