When a guest posts a review on your property, you will receive an email notification to your registered email address on Houfy.
On Houfy, you can not directly post a review about the guest, but you can ask them to review your listing and add your reply to their review.
To write your reply to the review:
- Go to the listing page
- Select the review you want to reply to
- Click "Write a reply"
- Write your reply and post it.
We delete on a case by case basis.
Message us at email@example.com to request the review to be removed. We remove on a case by case.
No. Hosts should periodically pull in the latest reviews. It only takes a few seconds. Be sure any review replies are finalized before pulling into Houfy. You will not be able to pull in a reply later.
- Manage Listings
No. You can only reply to Houfy originated reviews. Replies to Airbnb and Vrbo reviews must be done via their respective platforms.
Not if you already imported the review. Once the review is imported, the reply cannot be imported later. Finalize review replies on other platforms before pulling reviews into Houfy.
Not if you already imported the review. Once the review is imported, any replies cannot be imported later.
We frequently see the one of the following errors occur:
- The listing on Airbnb or VRBO is hidden/inactive
- The url points to a calendar ics url.
- The url is custom. Houfy needs the actual publically viewable url.
- The url goes somewhere into the Airbnb or VRBO dashboard.
Please make sure the url actually shows:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/ number and or https://www.vrbo.com/ number
You can import reviews from Airbnb and VRBO/Homeaway into Houfy. These reviews get sorted by date.
To export them click on Export at: Menu > Manage Listings > Edit Listing > Reviews
This will export your reviews to a csv file.
- If you imported your Airbnb or Vrbo listing, your Airbnb or Vrbo reviews are already connected to Houfy. Just periodically pull in the latest connected reivews.
- If you use both Airbnb and Vrbo, you can connect reviews from both sites. For example, if you imported your Airbnb listing, those reviews are already connected. You can connect your Vrbo reviews as well. And vice versa.
- If you manually added a property, you can easily connect reviews from Vrbo, Airbnb, or both. It does not matter in which order you do this, as Houfy automatically sorts all reviews by date.
Log in > Menu > Manage Listings > Edit > Reviews > Click on the Import Reviews link
- Select listing site from drop down menu.
- Copy/paste your listing URL.
- Wait for the Fetching Preview message to disappear.
- Check box to agree.
- Click Import.
***Don't forget to keep these reviews current by periodically updating them on Houfy.***
- Manage Listings
- Click the Pull in new reviews link
1) If you are listed on both Airbnb and Vrbo, and only imported reviews from one site, you can import reviews from the other platform.
2) Finalize any review replies on other platforms before pulling reviews into Houfy. Replies cannot be pulled in later.
Please be advised Homeaway/VRBO & Airbnb reviews can be imported into Houfy.
- Go to your listing
- Write a review
Or: Go to My Listings > Edit > Reviews > Add a review
You will be redirected to the screen below, select month, select reservation (If no reservation, please see the 3rd screenshot)
Add reservation - by clicking on "Add booking" (next to import) - Houfy needs reservation information (name/dates) to sort the review properly with other reviews.
- Click top right down arrow to display Drop-down Menu>Manage Listings>Edit>Reviews tab
- Click Request a review link.
Enter guest's email address. Click Send request button.
Guest will receive this email.
Guest can now write and submit a review.
How Can Guests Submit a Review?
Hosts have the option of requesting a review from guests or the guest can submit a review directly on the listing. Guest must be a Houfy member in order to leave a review. It takes just a few minutes to create an account.
Guest can scroll to the top of the reviews section of your listing and then click the Write a review link.
The Write a Review screen will appear. Click Continue to submit the review.