Houfy Video Tutorial
Log in to Airbnb - Go to your listings and select 1 - Click on preview
Click on Share
Paste at Houfy
Your listing address bar may display your long URL link. Below is an example screenshot of the long url you may see. If the long URL doesn't work try deleting ALL TEXT after and including the ? symbol.
- Log in
- Click Create (plus sign)
- Click Marketplace Listing
Import or manually add your listing. Note the profile pic in screenshot. The new listing will be added to the account you are logged into.
Step by step video tutorial
Listing your property for FREE on Houfy! - a book direct market network. No commissions. No traveler service fees.
Here are a few reasons why you should join Houfy:
- Communicate directly with your prospective renters via phone, text, or email so you can vet them before booking; no hidden phone numbers or emails. Set your own rules; Houfy does not override your cancellation policies.
- Create FREE local guidebooks that you and your guests can share on social media.
- Houfy is a great tool in addition to your own website. We offer calendar, quote, reviews, and pricing embed tools.
- Use your Houfy listing as a website to link to your Google My Business Listing or Facebook page & be found on Houfy for travelers who google your property to avoid paying service fees. Have your repeat guests book for FREE on Houfy!
FAQ About Houfy
Want to save time?
Before creating your listing, send a quick TEST INQUIRY as a traveler to this listing. It will save you a ton of time during set up since you will have already seen the process of a traveler booking: where they are presented your policies, where they agree to them, what the message field prompt says, where the credit card field is, and what notification the traveler receives on their end. NOTE: This listing has Square or Stripe connected so is online bookable. Those without one of these processors connected will only receive inquiries instead of "booking requests."
1) Import or manually add listing to Houfy
Adding your listing is extremely simple! You can do this by using our import tool if you have a VRBO/Airbnb listing OR just manually add your listing. After clicking the link above, be sure to scroll down to use the import tool. The import tool adds your listing to our network in less than 10 seconds. This will import you entire listing except for the Calendar and Rates.
2) How do Rental Agreements work on Houfy?
Hosts can add a rental agreement or choose not to use one at all. Travelers will "click to agree" to your policies before booking or sending an inquiry. Hosts can require guests to return a signed agreement along with ID if they wish.
Tips for creating a rental agreement:
- Here are some sample Rental Agreements hosts are welcome to use.
- Reasons why it's a good idea for guests to sign a rental agreement.
- Reasons why it's a good idea to verify ID of the credit card holder.
- Why it's a good idea for guests to sign and acknowledge your cancellation policy.
- Here is where travelers view your rental agreement during the booking process.
3) How do lodging taxes work on Houfy?
4) How do payments work on Houfy?
Follow these steps to allow your guests to pay online easliy just like they would on Airbnb or Vrbo:
- Stripe and Square: Which Should You Use?
- How do I connect Square or Stripe to Houfy?
- FAQ: How do payments work with Houfy?
- How does a traveler reserve my property and make payment?
5) How can I set up a damage deposit on my listing?
6) Final and most important step when listing on Houfy
**** Be sure to do test inquiries in order to become familiar with the platform. You may need to have a family member or friend test with another email address and go through the entire booking process, as owners cannot book their own properties.***
Join our Facebook group:
Our Facebook Member Group is currently the quickest way to receive customer service/tech support. Also receive the latest insights and updates. Houfy uses powerful programs which can easily be changed to any of your wishes/suggestions.
Houfy help center
****Join our Houfy Vacation rentals Group to advertise your availability to travelers or post ISO (in search of) requests.
Get started marketing your Houfy listing with these easy tips
There are 3 different types of rates:
- Base rates
- Seasonal rates (these override base rates)
- Calendar rates (these override seasonal rates)
Using the example below, a base rate of $299 a night with a 3 night minimum stay already exists (not shown). There is also a seasonal rate called Memorial Day Weekend. (See below).
There is also calendar rate of $350 a night with a 4 night minimum stay. (See below).
So let's say you want to remove the above Calendar rate.
- Select the first calendar block of the date range to bring up the left window.
- Select the correct first and last dates.
- Clear out the price in the Price per night field. Do not enter $0 as that will change the calendar rate to $0. You need to make sure the field is blank.
- Click Save.
Calendar rates have been removed now. And the calendar has defaulted to the seasonal rate of $325 with a 5 night minimum.
We are aiming to create a perfect marketplace with updated listings and hosts who respond to inquiries with correct availability and pricing.
- Please make sure your pricing is updated.
- Availability: At Houfy you can sync calendars from VRBO/Airbnb and other sites offering ics. Once synced the message will disappear.
- Alternatively you can manually block dates on your calendar.
Create memorable links to use for social media & business cards
Hosts can create a personalized web address to direct people to their vacation rental listing with a custom link.
A custom link gives you a better chance your guests remembering and finding your listing in the future. As a result, you can capture more repeat bookings and grab the attention of new guests.
- 1 Listing: Log in > My Listings > Edit
- Multiple Listings: Log in > My Listings
Houfy is currently showing guests when viewing listings the savings they might receive by booking directly on Houfy compared to Airbnb or VRBO once dates are selected.
Houfy does not charge service fees and should therefore be cheaper than most Online Travel Agencies.
Price comparison will not show on listings where Houfy does not have access to Airbnb or VRBO listing information/urls.
Hosts can easily add their Airbnb or VRBO url at their listings at:
Manage listings > Edit listing > photos or at edit listing > reviews
For price comparison to show on your listing, you must have an active Airbnb/VRBO/Homeaway link added at edit listing > reviews or at edit listing > Settings > contact person > Homepage/Social sites
If you think you have added Airbnb or VRBO URL and the price comparison does not show on your listing, make sure you add an active and correct Airbnb/VRBO link.
Note: Price comparison shows after you select the check-in and check-out dates.
If you have added an in-active or expired link remove it and add it again at edit listing > reviews or at edit listing > Settings > contact person > Homepage/Social sites
It does not work if you add short URLs like "airbnb.com/h/abcd", you must have an URL with listing # like airbnb.com/rooms/1212313123
Please make sure:
- Airbnb/VRBO link added on Houfy is active and publicly viewable.
- Edit listing > Reviews
- Edit listing > Settings >Contact
- Edit listing > Verifications
- Make sure you have not added short URLs.
Remove inactive URLs from your edit listing and add the correct URL at any of the 3 places mentioned above.
Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications. We have connected Houfy for you to track analytics for all your Houfy activity. (Including post/guide/listing views etc.)
The process is really easy. Please review these screenshots.
If you accept credit cards on other platforms, you should consider offering on Houfy as well. New guests that don't know or trust you yet, will be hesitant to use any other method. And with Houfy's direct deposit via Stripe or Square, you will get paid right away. View this link to learn more about accepting payments with Stripe or Square
If you list your property on Houfy and other websites, you can prevent multiple guests from booking the same dates by syncing yourHoufy calendar with your other calendars. Learn how to sync your calendars here.
Ensure that guests see the most up-to-date reviews and know that your listing is current. If you haven't imported your reviews to your listing, you can learn how to import them here. Then stay current when you use this link to pull in new reviews periodically.
Having a rental agreement in place helps formalize expectations for both hosts and guests. Here are several rental agreement templates provided by our Wonderfulhoufies.
The Houfy Team