Settings & rules
How do I set a minimum age for my listing?
You can specify the minimum age required to make a reservation at your Houfy listing.
How can I change my setting from property manager to owner one my Houfy listing?
Menu > manage listings > edit > settings
How to view and update payment method policies
- Log in > Menu > Manage Listings > Edit > Settings > Payment information.
- Check off credit cards including any you accept through PayPal.
- Type non-credit card payment methods/policies in Payment Policy box. Add anything else you feel is relevant in this space.
Travelers will see the credit cards under the Host section of your listing.
Travelers will see Payment Policy text under Policies and Rules section.
Comparison of Stripe and Square for credit card payments with Houfy
How to show I accept credit cards for my listing(s)
Log in > My Listings > Edit > Settings > Payment information
On your listing the selected credit cards will show at Host info..
How to add or update your cancellation policies on Houfy
You can set or change your cancellation policies by following the instructions below:
If you have more questions, please join our facebook member group
Where can the traveler view the policies:
Traveler can view text in Policies and Rules section of your listing.
The policy will also be presented before traveler can complete an inquiry/booking request. After dates are chosen, traveler will be taken to this screen to view all policies.
Your Cancellation Policy will be presented as a pop-up.
Traveler will agree to all policies before continuing.
How to view and add house rules to your listing
House rules are shown under your listing's Policies and Rules section.
How to view and upload my rental agreement
- Log in>Menu> Manage Listings>Edit>Settings>Rules.
- Upload Rental Agreement or drag and drop.
Where Does My Guest View the Agreement?
After guest enters dates and clicks "Request to Book," the screen below will appear. Guest can download the agreement for review before checking the "I agree" box.
How do I ask the guest for signature and collect ID?
This final step is not required but highly recommended.
- In your House Rules you can mention a signed agreement and ID of the credit card holder will be required before the booking is confirmed.
- Choose an E-signature service to obtain the guest's signature OR
- Message the guest through your Houfy inbox. Upload the agreement there and ask them to print, sign, and scan back along with copy of ID.
- Email the guest directly. with agreement and your requests