Getting Started on Houfy Checklist
Listing your property for FREE on Houfy! - a marketplace where members book and connect directly, and pay no commissions nor booking fees.
Here are a few reasons why you should join Houfy:
- No commissions/listing fees for owners ever and travelers never pay booking fees.
- Connect a Stripe or Square account on Houfy and receive payment right after booking. Houfy doesn't hold your $$$.
- Communicate directly with your prospective renters via phone, text or email so you can vet them before booking; no hidden phone numbers or emails. Set your own rules; Houfy does not override your cancellation policies.
- Create FREE local guidebooks that you and your guests can share on social media.
- Houfy is a great tool in addition to your own website. We offer calendar, quote, reviews, and pricing embed tools.
- Use your Houfy listing as a website to link to your Google Business Listing or Facebook page & be found on Houfy for travelers who google your property to avoid paying service fees. Have your repeat guests book for FREE on Houfy!
Adding your listing is extremely simple! You can do this by using our import tool if you have a VRBO/Airbnb listing OR just manually add your listing. After clicking the link above, be sure to scroll down to use the import tool. The import tool adds your listing to our network in less than 10 seconds. This will import you entire listing except for the Calendar and Rates.
Here is a checklist to ensure your Houfy listing is complete:
- Set base rate and seasonal rates. A base rate price is required to activate your listing. Complete seasonal rates if applicable.
- Set a booking cut off date.
- Import your Calendar & sync with the other sites. You will only import your calendar this one time. Moving forward Houfy automatically syncs the calendars every 3 HRS. You can also manually sync, by clicking on the sync icon. Airbnb Video VRBO video
- Check your reviews. Were they automatically imported from VRBO and Airbnb when importing your listing? If adding your listing manually here is how to import reviews from those two sites. Here is how to pull in future new reviews. Here is how to add reviews outside of VRBO or Airbnb.
- Set up Payments: Houfy has Stripe and Square options integrated. Sign up with those or set up your own method of accepting payment. Be sure to update the credit cards you accept on your listing and don't forget to connect Square/Stripe to your Houfy account.
- Add cancellation policies, house rules, and upload a rental agreement. None are required but good to have.
- Set up a damage deposit if applicable. If you collect as funds before guest stay then set as a fee. If you collect in person or only authorize the credit card then go to: My Listings>Edit>Pricing>Additional Pricing Options.
- Verify your listing is complete by adding any verifications that may apply. Verify your own profile as well.
- If you would like your email and phone number displayed to travelers, be sure to unhide them.
**** Be sure to do test inquiries in order to become familiar with the platform. You may need to have a family member or friend test with another email address and go through the entire booking process, as owners cannot book their own properties.***
Incomplete listings will be hidden from the marketplace.
Join our Facebook group:
Our Facebook Member Group is currently the quickest way to receive customer service/tech support. Also receive the latest insights and updates. Houfy uses powerful programs which can easily be changed to any of your wishes/suggestions.
And Join our Houfy Vacation rentals Group to advertise your availability to travelers.