What should I pack for Vacation?
You spent months planning the perfect vacation: exploring different vacation destination, finding the perfect rental place, rearranging schedules, getting time off work, and now its time to go, but you don't know what to pack?
First of all ALWAYS PACK ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED, THAT YOU CAN'T EASILY PURCHASE AT THE LOCAL STORE. For example medications, cell phones, phone numbers, credit cards, driver licenses, and specialty items like favorite stuff that you can't live without: favorite pillow, blanket, sunglasses, shirt, hat ect.
Next, always ask the place where you are renting what items are included in the rental and don't be afraid to ask questions. How many towels? are beach towels included? Are beach chairs included? How many beach chairs? I am going to compile a list of frequently asked questions and a list of items that are included in our vacation rental Diamond on the Emerald Coast.
Frequently asked questions:
- Do you have a Keurig maker or a coffee pot? Diamond on the Emerald Coast has both. (while there are a stack of coffee filters left over from previous guest at this time, guest are required to supply coffee, pods and filters if there are not any.
- Frying pans? Yes we have an assortment of stainless steel pots and pans and a few non-stick pots and pans.
- Beach Chairs? Diamond on the Emerald Coast has an assortment of beach chairs, umbrella, cart, tent, toys, cooler and other beach items in a ground floor storage room.
- Linens? All beds will be made prior to arrival except the pull out couch will need to be made (sheets are provided) We have a large supply of linen: bath towels, beach towels, kitchen towels and sheets. No daily maid service is provided but a washer and dryer are in the unit.
- Do you have a hand held Shower? Shower/Tub? Diamond on the Emerald Coast has 2 walk in showers one with a hand held shower.
6. Do you have Wifi? The Dunes of Panama provides free wifi. Instructions are on the refrigerator.
Think about what your planning to cook for the week and determine if you need to bring an extra large pot for cooking lobster or a Turkey Roaster for cooking holiday meal? These are two items that we do not have in our rental yet. (most fish markets will steam/season your seafood for free)
Insta pot (not available)
Grilling spatula, tongs, fork
Spices, Oils, Seasoning (check the condo to see what is available usually salt and pepper is provided and a few other items maybe available)
Pots and Pans
Dishes, Cups, Bowls
Pizza Pans/Pizza Cutter
X Large stock pot (not available)
Turkey Roaster (not available)
Diamond on the Emerald Coast has a large selection of beach items located in the ground floor storage room, however not all rentals will have as much stuff for their guest to use, always confirm what items are available.
Tall folding chairs
Rafts/pump to blow the rafts up
Flip Flops (not provided)
While you can purchase all these items from a local store, selections might be limited and prices may be higher.
Always ask, some rental require guest to bring all bedding. Some rentals will have a basic bedding accessories, but you may want to bring more pillows or blankets if you need a specific arrangement to sleep well.
Each bed will have 4 pillows various styles
Dvd/Tvs in all the rooms
Usb ports on power strips
Paper Towels (starter roll provided)
Spices/Seasoning/Oils (varies, salt and pepper are typically provided)
Baggies (sometimes available)
Ceran Wrap (sometimes available)
Assortment of cleaning supplies (varies)
Toilet Paper (starter roll provided)
Bath Soap, Hair Shampoo and Conditioner, toothpaste and other toiletries (not provided)
Sunscreen (not provided)
Aloe (not provided)
Salve/Ointment (not provided)
Baby Powder for the beach (not provided)
Small tool kit (to open toy batteries)
Flash Lights to walk on the beach at night (red flashlights during turtle season)
Ceiling fans in the bedrooms and 1 standing fan in the closet.
Ironing board and Iron
Pen and paper
Always make sure your pet is up to date on flea/tick and vaccinations
A copy of vaccination records
Important phone numbers of vet
Pet Bed (not provided)
Dog Leashes (not provided)
Dog Toys (not provided)
Dog Cage/Pen (not provided)
Clean up Baggies when you are walking around and need to clean up after your pet.
Dog food (not provided)
Netting for around the balcony
Pack n Play (not provided)
High chair (not provided)
Stroller/wagon (not provided)
Lifejacket (not provided)
Netting for around the balcony