Best practices for writing a story on Houfy
Houfy is a market network for property owners, agents and managers. All members can post stories on Houfy and, as long as it’s not in violation of our rules, have the potential to find an audience. Good stories can come from anywhere including your guests and buyers.
We care about quality. We want you to put your best work on Houfy, and in the future we will feature stories we think are great. To help you understand what we mean when we say “quality,” we’ve written up these guidelines. They are based on what we believe might work best for readers — which means they should work well for you, too.
1) Plan: Always keep in mind you can "bookmark" your stories to a guide (For example Plan to make a Guide: Activities near your home)
2) Do: Start writing a story (For example about your favorite Golf-courses, contact info, green fees and other relevant information your clients would want to know or Horse-riding/Sailing/Snorkeling etc.)
- Write a clear headline. Readers have a split second to decide if they want to read your story. Just like pictures on your listing. It is the number 1 selling point. Put a good, descriptive title and subtitle on your story.
- Your story should contain original insight, ideas or perspectives. What would your clients want to hear? Share your favorite restaurants, activities, attractions, contacts near your home.
- Put a nice image on your story — just make sure you’re not violating someone else’s copyright.
3) Check: Look out for typos and formatting. Put care into your work. (We will monitor/edit and make sure the editing mode looks close to similar as to the posted story)
4) Act: Post your story, bookmark your story in the preferred Guide and optionally add the Guide to your listing. Share your story by e-mail or on social sites.
In short, do your best work. People like to read things that are just good.
Tuesday Jan 22, 2019