Friending & Following
How to follow someone on Houfy?
Houfy is a social site and allows members to follow each other, become friends etc.
You can follow anyone, just like on twitter or many other social sites. (Search for a name in the search box, click and follow)
1) Posts or stories of members you follow will show on your social homepage. Currently all members follow Houfy (User: info@ Houfy.com)
- (Public) Posting or sharing a story can ONLY be seen by: members who follow you or members who search for your profile.
- (Private) Posting or sharing a story can ONLY be seen by you.
- (Friends) Posting or sharing a story can ONLY be seen by people who follow you and who you follow back.
2) Why? Houfy is being made to share local information around your place. Some members have created posts & stories and added to guides connected to their listings. (Hint: anyone who creates guides on Houfy might get priority on search results over others, currently set at city center). Following certain members might help you in getting ideas what to post/how and what kind of guides you can make.
3) We will be adding "invite" and "notifications" soon for guests/family members or friends to "follow" you.
Here a screenshot of Houfy's profile: This will change the next few days, but will give you an idea of how things work.
I would like to follow other members but I do not know who?
Click on this link and select most guides in the dropdown on the right side.
Select a few members and click on their profile link.
This will give you ideas for guides/posts etc.
Should I Be Following People on Houfy?
Absolutely! Start following other Houfy Members as soon as possible. You will be exposed to the various writing and organizational styles of other members. And the more members you follow, the more ideas you'll have when creating your own stories and guidebooks.
No one is going to think you're a stalker! Just search for the member's profile in the Houfy search bar. Not only should you be following others, I also recommend inviting your guests to follow you on Houfy too. First, let's get familiar with some glossary terms you'll encounter in Houfy Social.
Houfeed = the page you see as soon as you log into Houfy. Your houfeed is a continuous stream of posts/stories published by you, and your followers/friends
All Posts = this feed shows you all posts/stories currently being posted by all members
Post = content that is more conversation-like (Ex: asking for recommendations/advice)
Story = content that is houledge (Ex: sharing local knowledge or insider tips, that will help travelers with planning a visit to your area)
Follower = a member who sees your posts/stories in their houfeed. Any member can follow any other member
Following = members you follow to see their posts/stories in your houfeed
Friend = a member who is following you, and you are following the member back
But Who Should I Start Following?
If you don't already know members who you'd specifically like to follow, go to the All Posts feed. You'll see all the posts/stories currently being published by all Houfy members. When you see a story that interests you, just start following the author. It's a good idea to follow members with properties near your area, as you may want to save some of their stories to your own guidebooks.
Invite Your Guests to Begin Following You.
The more followers you have, the more people who will read your posts/stories and share them with their friends and family. I invite all guests to follow me on Houfy and read my guidebooks. I do this immediately after they book, no matter which platform they used to make the reservation. And long after their stay has ended, they will continue to receive my stories in their houfeed. This is a great way to keep them thinking about a return visit to my area.
Start Having Conversations.
Begin to comment and ask questions on other members' Stories. Share their Stories. In turn, this will encourage other members and travelers to do the same. Whenever I notice I have a new follower, I always follow the person back (including my own guests) to see what kinds of topics they may be writing about.
If you'd like to start inviting guests to follow you but don't know what to write, feel free to use the template I send right after someone books my property.
Book your accommodations on Houfy. FREE for owners and FREE for travelers.
How do I search for a member on Houfy?
Let's do a search for Karen Eldridge.
- From the Houfy homepage or in your houfeed, begin typing the member's first or last name in the search bar.
- Click the see all results link to display more.
Note: You can do a similar search by property name