Terms & Policies
Terms of Service
Thanks for using Houfy. Our mission is to connect people with places.
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are a contract between you and Houfy Corporation/Houfy Luxembourg Unlimited Company. They govern your use of Houfy's sites, services, and content (“Services”).
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Join Houfy”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Houfy (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Terms” or “Terms of Service”), do not click “Join Now” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
By using Houfy, you agree to these Terms. If you don’t agree to any of the Terms, you can’t use Houfy.
These Terms of Service and all policies and additional terms posted on and in our sites, applications, tools and services (collectively "Services") set out the terms on which Houfy offers you access to and use of our Services. You can find an overview of our policies here. You agree to comply with all terms of These Terms of Service when accessing or using our Services.
The entity you are contracting with is:
For users outside the Designated Countries: HOUFY Corporation - PO Box 8392 - Breckenridge, CO 80424 - USA
For users in the Designated Countries: HOUFY Luxembourg Unlimited Company - 9 Rue Ordre de la Couronne de Chene - Luxembourg L-1361 - Luxembourg
We use the term “Designated Countries” to refer to countries in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland. : You and Houfy Luxembourg agree that the laws of Luxembourg, excluding conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. You and Houfy Luxembourg agree that claims and disputes can be litigated only in Luxembourg, Luxembourg, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
1.2 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the Houfy Services, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor.”
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be 16* or older; (2) you will only have one Houfy account, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by Houfy from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
*If law requires that you must be older in order for Houfy to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
In order to access and use the Houfy Marketplaces you must be an individual at least 18 years old or a duly organized, validly existing business, organization or other legal entity in good standing under the laws of the country you are registered and able to enter into legally binding contracts.
If we learn someone under 16 is using Houfy, we’ll terminate their account.
You will comply with any applicable export control laws in your local jurisdiction. You also represent and warrant that (i) neither you nor your Service(s) are located or take place in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country, and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
2.2 Your Account
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (3) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts and Professional Community Policies. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
User verification on the Internet is difficult and we do not assume any responsibility for the confirmation of any Member’s identity. Notwithstanding the above, for transparency and fraud prevention purposes, and as permitted by applicable laws, we may, but have no obligation to (i) ask Members to provide a form of government identification or other information or undertake additional checks designed to help verify the identities or backgrounds of Members, (ii) screen Members against third party databases or other sources and request reports from service providers, and (iii) where we have sufficient information to identify a Member, obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations or an equivalent version of background or registered sex offender checks in your local jurisdiction (if available).
If you buy any of our paid Services (“Premium Services”), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. Also, you agree that:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- We may store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your Services and to use to pay other Services you may buy.
- If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date. Learn how to cancel or suspend your Premium Services.
- All of your purchases of Services are subject to Houfy's refund policy.
- We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
You can get a copy of your invoice through your Houfy account settings under “Purchase History”.
2.4 Notices & Messages
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Please review your settings to control and limit messages you receive from us.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, articles, group posts, links to news articles, Listings and messages. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Services). Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., message content to your addressees, sharing content only to Houfy connections, restricting your profile visibility from search engines, or opting not to notify others of your Houfy profile update).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it with or without notice.
Houfy may make access to and use of the Houfy Services, or certain areas or features of the Houfy Services, subject to certain conditions or requirements, such as completing a verification process, meeting specific quality or eligibility criteria, meeting Ratings or Reviews thresholds, or a Member’s booking and cancellation history.
The access to or use of certain areas and features of the Houfy Services may be subject to separate policies, standards or guidelines, or may require that you accept additional terms and conditions, before you can access the relevant areas or features of the Houfy Services. If there is a conflict between these Terms and terms and conditions applicable to a specific area or feature of the Houfy Services, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your access to or use of that area or feature, unless specified otherwise in the latter terms and conditions.
If you access or download the Application from the Apple App Store, you agree to Apple’s Licensed Application End User License Agreement. Some areas of the Houfy Services implement Google Maps/Earth mapping services, including Google Maps API(s). Your use of Google Maps/Earth is subject to the Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1 Your License to Houfy - You own the rights to the content you create and post on Houfy.
As between you and Houfy, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting Houfy and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your content beyond the Services. However, if you choose to share your post as "public", we will enable a feature that allows other Members to embed that public post onto third-party services, and we enable search engines to make that public content findable though their services.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating or transcribing it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Houfy, you agree that Houfy can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Houfy may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change, suspend or discontinue any of our Services. We may also modify our prices effective prospectively upon reasonable notice to the extent allowed under the law.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Houfy generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news. Members have choices about this feature.
Houfy may help connect Members offering their services (marketing, insurance, accounting, etc.) with Members seeking services. Houfy does not perform nor employs individuals to perform these services. You must be at least 18 years of age to offer, perform or procure these services. You acknowledge that Houfy does not supervise, direct, control or monitor Members in the performance of these services and agree that (1) Houfy is not responsible for the offering, performance or procurement of these services, (2) Houfy does not endorse any particular Member’s offered services, and (3) nothing shall create an employment, agency, or joint venture relationship between Houfy and any Member offering services. If you are a Member offering services, you represent and warrant that you have all the required licenses and will provide services consistent with our Professional Community Policies.
Similarly, Houfy may help you register for and/or attend events organized by Members and connect with other Members who are attendees at such events. You agree that (1) Houfy is not responsible for the conduct of any of the Members or other attendees at such events, (2) Houfy does not endorse any particular event listed on our Services, (3) Houfy does not review and/or vet any of these events, and (4) that you will adhere to these terms and conditions that apply to such events.
Houfy reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. LinkedIn reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this Contract or the law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the Dos and Don’ts or Professional Community Policies).
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
We reserve all rights in Houfy's look and feel. Some parts of Houfy are licensed under third-party open source licenses. We also make some of our own code available under open source licenses. As for other parts of Houfy, you may not copy or adapt any portion of our code or visual design elements (including logos) without express written permission from Houfy unless otherwise permitted by law.
Houfy is in the process of reserving all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. Houfy and other Houfy trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our Services might be trademarks or in the process of being trademarked by Houfy.
3.6 Automated Processing
We use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations for connections, content and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to recommend Listings to you and you to members searching for listings. Keeping your profile accurate and up to date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 Disclaimer of warranty
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
HOUFY AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, HOUFY AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4.2 Limitation of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS HOUFY HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), HOUFY, INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
HOUFY AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR ANY AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS (A) THE TOTAL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO HOUFY FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF THIS CONTRACT, IF ANY, OR (B) US $1000.
4.3 Basis of the Bargain; Exclusions
The limitations of liability in this Section 4 are part of the basis of the bargain between you and HOUFY and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract and law) even if HOUFY or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
These limitations of liability do not apply to liability for death or personal injury or for fraud, gross negligence or intentional misconduct, or in cases of negligence where a material obligation has been breached, a material obligation being such which forms a prerequisite to our delivery of services and on which you may reasonably rely, but only to the extent that the damages were directly caused by the breach and were foreseeable upon conclusion of this Contract and to the extent that they are typical in the context of this Contract.
We can each end this Contract, but some rights and obligations survive.
Both you and Houfy may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other.
On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services;
- Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
Houfy may immediately, without notice, terminate this Contract and/or stop providing access to the Houfy Platform if (i) you have materially breached your obligations under these Terms, our Policies or Standards, (ii) you have violated applicable laws, regulations or third party rights, or (iii) such action is necessary to protect the personal safety or property of Houfy, its Members, or third parties (for example in the case of fraudulent behavior of a Member).
In addition, Houfy may take any of the following measures (i) to comply with applicable law, or the order or request of a court, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body, or if (ii) you have breached these Terms, our Policies or Standards, applicable laws, regulations, or third party rights, (iii) you have provided inaccurate, fraudulent, outdated or incomplete information during the Houfy Account registration, Listing process or thereafter, (iv) you and/or your Listings or conduct at any time fail to meet any applicable quality or eligibility criteria, (v) you have repeatedly received poor Ratings or Reviews or Houfy otherwise becomes aware of or has received complaints about your performance or conduct, (vi) you have repeatedly cancelled confirmed bookings or failed to respond to booking requests without a valid reason, or (vii) such action is necessary to protect the personal safety or property of Houfy, its Members, or third parties, or to prevent fraud or other illegal activity:
- refuse to surface, delete or delay any Listings, Ratings, Reviews, or other Member Content;
- cancel any pending or confirmed bookings;
- limit your access to or use of the Houfy Services;
- temporarily or permanently revoke any special status associated with your Houfy Account;
- temporarily or in case of severe or repeated offenses permanently suspend your Houfy Account and stop providing access to the Houfy Services.
In case of non-material breaches and where appropriate, you will be given notice of any intended measure by Houfy and an opportunity to resolve the issue to Houfy's reasonable satisfaction.
When this Contract has been terminated, you are not entitled to a restoration of your Houfy Account or any of your Member Content. If your access to or use of the Houfy Services has been limited or your Houfy Account has been suspended or this Contract has been terminated by us, you may not register a new Houfy Account or access and use the Houfy Services through an Houfy Account of another Member.
If Houfy takes any of the measures described in this Section 5 you may appeal such a decision by contacting our customer service.
You can visit our Help Center to close your account.
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This section shall not deprive you of any mandatory consumer protections under the law of the country to which we direct Services to you, where you have your habitual residence.
If you live outside of Designated Countries, including those who live outside of the United States: You and Houfy agree that the laws of the State of Colorado, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. You and Houfy both agree that all claims and disputes can be litigated only in the federal or state courts in Breckenridge, Summit County, Colorado, USA, and you and Houfy each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
If your country of residence or establishment is the United States, these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado and the United States of America, without regard to conflict-of-law provisions. Judicial proceedings (other than small claims actions) that are excluded from the Arbitration Agreement in Section 6 must be brought in state or federal court in Breckenridge, Colorado, unless we both agree to some other location. You and we both consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in Breckenridge, Colorado.
If you live in the Designated Countries: These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with Luxembourg law. If you are acting as a consumer and if mandatory statutory consumer protection regulations in your country of residence contain provisions that are more beneficial for you, such provisions shall apply irrespective of the choice of Luxembourg law. As a consumer, you may bring any judicial proceedings relating to these Terms before the competent court of your place of residence or the competent court of Houfy's place of business in Luxembourg. If Houfy wishes to enforce any of its rights against you as a consumer, we may do so only in the courts of the jurisdiction in which you are a resident. If you are acting as a business, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Luxembourg courts.
You and Houfy Luxembourg agree that the laws of Luxembourg, excluding conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. You and Houfy Luxembourg agree that claims and disputes can be litigated only in Luxembourg, Luxembourg, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
If your country of residence or establishment is China these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of China (“China Laws”). Any dispute arising from or in connection with this Agreement shall be submitted to the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) for arbitration in Beijing which shall be conducted in accordance with CIETAC’s arbitration rules in effect at the time of applying for arbitration, provided that this section shall not be construed to limit any rights which Houfy may have to apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for an order requiring you to perform or be prohibited from performing certain acts and other provisional relief permitted under China Laws or any other laws that may apply to you. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English. The arbitral award rendered is final and binding upon both parties.
7. General Terms
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it invalid or unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that invalid or unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
Houfy's failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise permitted under law.
Except as they may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions, policies, guidelines or standards, these Terms constitute the entire Contract between Houfy and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Houfy and you in relation to the access to and use of the Services.
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Houfy as a result of this Contract or your use of the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that Houfy has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign, transfer or delegate this Contract and your rights and obligations hereunder without Houfy's prior written consent. Houfy may without restriction assign, transfer or delegate this Contract and any rights and obligations hereunder, at its sole discretion, with 30 days prior notice to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract. Your right to terminate this Contract at any time remains unaffected.
These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties.
Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications to Members permitted or required under this Contract, will be provided electronically and given by Houfy via email, Houfy Platform notification, or messaging service (including SMS). If your booking is in respect of a Listing in Japan, you agree and acknowledge that such notifications via electronic means in lieu of a written statement, satisfies Houfy's obligations under Article 59 Paragraph 1 of the Japanese Housing Accommodation Business Act.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8. Houfy “Dos and Don’ts”
8.1 Dos - You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
8.2 Don'ts - You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on Houfy, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of Houfy;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Houfy, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “Houfy” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Houfy without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited Houfy trainer);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without Houfy's consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without Houfy's consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the Professional Community Policies or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service, and the Google Maps terms where applicable.
If you find a security vulnerability on Houfy,
9. Complaints Regarding Content
Contact information for complaint about content provided by our Members.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
10. How To Contact Us
For legal notices or service of process, you may write us at these addresses.
Questions? E-mail us know at
- How and what type of personal information we collect and use
- When and with whom we share your personal information
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information
2. What personal information do we collect and use, and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information when:
- You give us the information
- We collect it automatically
- We receive it from others
When you create an account on Houfy, sign up to receive offers or information, or make a booking using our platform, you give us your personal information.
We also collect such information through automated technology such as cookies placed on your browser—with your consent where applicable—when you visit our sites or download and use our mobile apps. We also receive information from business partners and other third parties, which helps us improve our platform and associated tools and services, update and maintain accurate records, detect and investigate potential fraud, and more effectively market our services.
3. How is your personal information shared?
4. What are your rights and choices?
5. How to contact us
1. Core Principles
When it comes to your personal information we believe in transparency, not surprises. So before we get into the details, we want to share with you a few of our core privacy principles.
- First, we don’t sell your personal information to anyone. It’s just not the type of business we’re in.
- Second, we don’t share your personal information unless you’ve specifically allowed it, or for the very limited purposes described below.
- Finally, we appreciate that when you use our Houfy Services, you trust us with your information, and we take that responsibility very seriously.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected by Houfy Corporation, through the Houfy websites, and mobile apps, mobile-optimized websites and other applications and/or electronic media (such as emails Houfy sends) (collectively, the “Services”). This includes, but is not limited to: https://www.houfy.com & https://www.maps.houfy.com
When you use the Houfy Services, we collect the following information, and use it only as described below:
2.1. Account Information.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Houfy Services. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Houfy Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name and email address.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the Houfy Services (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the Houfy Services (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Stripe or Square Payments).
- Communications with Houfy and other Members. When you communicate with Houfy or use the Houfy Services to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.2. Third Party Account Information. If you use Third Party Services, such as social media or photo-sharing services, you may provide us with your Third Party Services account information, such as your username (note that we don’t store any passwords you use to access Third Party Services). We transmit, and may store, such account information, only as needed to provide the Houfy Services, and only in accordance with the terms and policies of the Third Party Services.
We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your Personal Information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Houfy Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Background Information. For Members in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Houfy may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For Members outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, Houfy may obtain the local version of police, background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Enterprise Product Invitations and Account Management. Organizations that use our Enterprise products (such a FabStayz LLC and programs with property managers and owners) may submit personal information to facilitate account management and invitations to use enterprise products.
- Referrals. If you are invited to Houfy, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Houfy Services through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2.3. Payment Information. When you initially provide or update your payment information, we transmit it via an encrypted connection to our Payment Processor, Stripe or Square. Stripe and Square use and process payment information in accordance with their Privacy Policies. We don’t store payment information, other than zip code and/or country, which is required for billing and to comply with tax and other government regulations.
2.4. Communications With Us. When you send us emails or other communications, such as customer support inquiries, we maintain those communications and their contents so that we can resolve your inquiries or otherwise assist you.
Sometimes we’ll send you emails about your account, service changes or new policies. You can’t opt out of this type of “transactional” email (unless you delete your account). But, you can opt out of non-administrative emails such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications through your account’s “Settings” page
When you interact with an email sent from Houfy (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction. We won’t email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can investigate.
2.5. Public Comments On The Services. We maintain any comments, contributions to discussions or messages submitted to members of the Houfy Services, in order to provide the Houfy Services.
2.6. Files You Provide Us. When you use the Houfy Services, we store, process and transmit your Member Content (such as your photos) and information related to your Member Content (such as location tags in photos). We process and store such files and information in order to provide the Houfy Services, as described in our Terms of Service.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Houfy Services. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Houfy profile, such as preferred language, city, and a personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Address Book Contact Information. You may choose to import your address book contacts or enter your contacts’ information manually to access certain features of the Houfy Services, like inviting them to use Houfy.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your Houfy Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team or use other features of the Houfy Services.
2.7. Usage Information. This includes information about your activity on and interaction with the Houfy Services, such as your IP address, your device or browser type, the webpage you visited before coming to our sites and identifiers associated with your devices. This information enables us to analyze how the Houfy Services are being accessed and used, and to track performance of the Houfy Services.
When you use the Houfy Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Houfy Services.
- Geo-location Information. Your devices (depending on your settings) may transmit location information to the Houfy Services. We use this information to customize, improve and protect the Houfy Services. For example, we may use your location information to determine local language preferences, or to geotag a post.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Houfy Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Houfy Services.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Houfy Services, even if you have not created an Houfy Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Houfy Services (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Houfy Services.
- Do Not Track Signals. While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, the Houfy Services currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted.
When you use the Houfy Services, we may share your information only as described below:
3.1. Third Parties You Authorize. You can give third parties access to your and your End Users’ information on the Houfy Services. For example, you may wish to integrate Your Sites with a third party newsletter service that requires access to the email addresses you collect from your End Users, in order for that newsletter service to send emails on your behalf and at your direction. Just remember that such third party’s use of this information will be governed by the terms and privacy policies of the third party.
3.2. Following The Law. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our rights or prevent fraud or abuse of Houfy or our members. When we receive law enforcement or national security requests for information, we strongly believe in privacy and transparency. We scrutinize such requests carefully and challenge vague, overbroad or otherwise unlawful requests. And when legally permitted, we provide our members with notice that their information is being requested. This notice is provided so that you have the opportunity to challenge such requests.
3.4. Business Transfers. If we're involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal.
We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities. We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use the Service at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account.
If you know or have reason to believe that your Houfy Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Houfy Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
We'll retain your personal information for as long as we need it to provide you with the Services. You can ask for your personal information to be deleted at any time by deleting your Account or contacting us at. Please note that there may be latency in deleting your personal information from our servers and backup storage, and we may retain your personal information in order to comply with the law, protect our rights, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, simply log into the Houfy Services and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes. On request, we'll provide you with a copy of your personal information that we maintain. This request may be subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
We may periodically email you service-related announcements. We'll also send you emails related to your transactions. We may also send you marketing or promotional communications, but you can opt out of receiving subsequent marketing or promotional communications by clicking the link marked unsubscribe (or a similar phrasing) that’s included in those communications.
9. End User Information
9.3. End User Payment Information. Your End Users’ payment information may be processed via third party eCommerce Payment Processors with which you integrate your Account, in accordance with such eCommerce Payment Processors’ terms and policies. We transmit your End Users’ complete payment information when they initially provide or update it, only so that we can pass it along to the eCommerce Payment Processors you agree to use. We don’t collect or store your End Users’ payment information.
10. Privacy Shield
10.1. Compliance. Houfy complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States (“EU Personal Data”). We’ve certified to the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles and, assuming our certification is approved, you’ll be able to find it here. You can learn more about Privacy Shield by visiting https://www.privacyshield.gov/
10.3. Inquiries And Disputes. If you have questions you believe to be within the scope of our Privacy Shield certification, please contact us first at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. In the event your concern still isn't addressed by JAMS, you may be entitled to a binding arbitration under the Privacy Shield Principles. For purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, Houfy is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.and we'll respond within 45 days. For any complaints that we can’t resolve directly, JAMS is the independent organization responsible for reviewing and resolving complaints about our Privacy Shield compliance, and you can contact JAMS at
10.4 California & Vermont Residents.
Houfy will not share information it collects about you with its affiliates or third parties (both financial and non-financial), except as required or permitted by your state’s law.
10.5 California Privacy Rights.
California law permits Members who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. See the “Contact Us” section for where to send such requests. Houfy does not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Accordingly, you can prevent disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by withholding consent.
12. Contact Us
Houfy, Inc., Legal Department, PO Box 8392, Breckenridge, CO 80424 USA
Houfy Copyright Policy
Houfy respects the intellectual property rights of others and desires to offer a platform which contains no content that violates those rights.
Complaints regarding content posted on the Houfy website
Our Terms of Service requires that information posted by members be accurate, lawful and not in violation of the rights of third parties. To promote these objectives, Houfy provides a process for submission of complaints concerning content posted by our members. Our policy and procedures are described and/or referenced in the sections that follow.
Please note that whether or not we disable access to or remove content, Houfy may make a good faith attempt to forward the written notification, including the complainant’s contact information, to the Member who posted the content and/or take other reasonable steps to notify the member that Houfy has received notice of an alleged violation of intellectual property rights or other content violation. It is also our policy, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of members, or groups as the case may be, who infringe or repeatedly infringe the rights of others or otherwise post unlawful content.
Please note that any notice or counter-notice you submit must be truthful and must be submitted under penalty of perjury. A false notice or counter-notice may give rise to personal liability. You may therefore want to seek the advice of legal counsel before submitting a notice or a counter-notice.
Claims regarding copyright infringement
Notice of Copyright Infringement:
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), Houfy has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements. Houfy has also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you may complete and submit a Notice of Copyright Infringement form, or otherwise provide a written communication which contains:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description specifying the location on our website of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your email address and your mailing address and/or telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please submit your notice to Houfy Corporation’s Copyright Agent as follows:
Fill out our online submission form to contact the Houfy Copyright Agent
Or contact us by mail at: Houfy Corporation - ATTN: Copyright Agent
PO Box 8392,
Breckenridge, CO 80424,
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been improperly submitted against you, you may submit a Counter-Notice, pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. You may complete the Counter-Notice Regarding Claim of Copyright Infringement form, or otherwise provide a written communication which contains:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified;
- Your full name, your email address, your mailing address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District court (i) in the judicial district where your address is located if the address is in the United States, or (ii) located in the Breckenridge, Colorado (Summit County), if your address is located outside the United States, and that you will accept service of process from the Complainant submitting the notice or his/her authorized agent.
Please submit your Counter-Notice to Houfy’s Copyright Agent via our online submission form or mail to the address specified above.
Claims regarding content other than copyright infringement
For issues other than copyright infringement please visit our Help Center where you’ll find information on how to flag and report other types of content violations. Learn more:
- Reporting Inappropriate Content, Messages, or Safety Concerns
- Houfy's False Profile Policy
Notice regarding Associated Press content on Houfy: Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. Users may not download or reproduce a substantial portion of the AP material found on this web site. AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
01. What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. We use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with our services.
In addition, there's a difference between session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies only exist until you close your browser. Permanent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren't automatically deleted when you close your browser.
All these technologies together are referred to in this Cookie Statement as “cookies."
02. Why do our services use these technologies?
Cookies allow you to be recognized as the same user across the different pages of a website, between websites, or when you use an app. The types of info that we collect through cookies include IP address; device ID; viewed pages; browser type; browsing info; operating system; internet service provider; timestamp; whether you have responded to an advertisement; the referring URL; and features used or activities engaged in within the website/apps.
Our services use these technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our services in various ways. These uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
Technical Cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced, user-friendly website and apps that adapt automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make them function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in, and for example to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Authentication and security:
- To log you into Houfy.
- To protect your security.
- To let you to view content with limited distribution.
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Houfy Rules.
- For example, these technologies help authenticate your access to Houfy and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your account. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
- For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with Houfy content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit Houfy. On Houfy, we can also customize content based on your country, such as showing you what topics are trending near you, or to withhold certain content based on applicable local laws.
- Analytics and research:
- To gain insight into how our visitors use Houfy.com.
- To help us analyze how the Houfy Services are being accessed and used, and enable us to track performance of the Houfy Services, including Houfy buttons and widgets, and Houfy Ads.
- For example, cookies help us test different versions of our services to see which particular features or content users prefer. We might also optimize and improve your experience on Houfy by using cookies to see how you interact with our services, such as when and how often you use them and what links you click on. We may use Google Analytics to assist us with this. Learn more about the cookies you may encounter through our use of Google Analytics.
- Personalized content:
- To customize our services with more relevant content, like tailored trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
- For example, local storage tells us which parts of your Houfeed you have viewed already so that we can show you the appropriate new content. Cookies can help us make smarter and more relevant suggestions about who you might enjoy following based on your visits to websites that have integrated Houfy embeds, including embedded timelines.
- Personalization across devices:
- By better understanding how devices are related, we can use information from one device to help personalize the Houfy experience on another device.
- When you log in to Houfy on a device, we associate that device with your Houfy account. Whether or not you are logged in to Houfy, we may also receive information about your devices when, for example, that information is shared by a partner; you visit Houfy.com; you visit third-party websites that integrate Houfy content; or you visit a Houfy advertiser’s website or mobile application. We may use this information, most commonly IP addresses and the time at which the information was received, to infer that certain devices are associated with one another, including the devices on which you log in to Houfy. To learn more about the devices associated with your account, check out
Your Houfy Data while logged in. To learn more about the other devices associated with the device or browser you are currently using, visit Your Houfy Data while logged out.
Marketing cookies: Houfy.com and our trusted partners use third-party cookies. These cookies are used to display personalized ads both on Houfy.com and other sites. These ads are based on your browsing, such as the accommodations and prices you view. These cookies are also used to integrate social media into our site, allowing you to like or share pages or products on social media.
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your activity on Houfy and visits to our ad partners' websites.
- We also work with third-party advertising partners, including Google, to market our services and serve ads on behalf of our advertisers, including through the delivery of interest-based ads. For example, if you visit Houfy and also use a social media platform, you may see a Houfy ad in your social media newsfeed or timeline.
03. Where are these technologies used?
We (along with third parties) use these technologies on our websites, applications, and services and on other websites, applications, and services that have integrated our services, including third-party properties that incorporate our advertising technology. This includes our ad partners’ websites and sites that use our embeds, including embedded timelines. Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you click on links from our websites or applications, view or interact with third-party content from within our services, or visit third-party websites that incorporate our advertising technology.
04. What are your Privacy choices?
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, just visit allaboutcookies.org and the help section of your browser. In the settings for browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on your browser – use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you decide not to accept certain technical and/or functional cookies, you might not be able to use some functions on our website. We currently don't support “Do Not Track” browser settings. In case a common standard has been developed that defines what exactly will be meant by “Do Not Track” browser signals, we'll review Cookie Statement again.
Advertising: When it comes to online advertising and marketing companies, we strive to work with companies that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Members of NAI and IAB adhere to industry standards and codes of conduct. NAI and IAB members allow you to opt out of behavioral advertising. Visit www.networkadvertising.org to identify the NAI members that may have placed an advertising cookie file on your computer.
To opt out of an NAI member's behavioral advertising program, just check the box that corresponds to the company you want to opt out from. You can also visit www.youronlinechoices.com or www.youradchoices.com to learn how to opt out of customized advertisements. Your mobile device may allow you to limit the sharing of information for retargeting purposes through its settings. Be aware that opting out of an online advertising network doesn't mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It just means the network you opted out of won't deliver ads customized to your web preferences and browsing patterns anymore.
Analytics: In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes through Google Analytics from certain browser types, visit the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (for desktop only).
Last updated: September 22, 2020