4 bedrooms on ground level & 3 bathrooms
Fireplace & Fire pit
Between Okemo & Killington ski areas- 15 minutes either way.
No booking fees!
Dog friendly. There is a dog fee. Dogs accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Be sure to check out all our guides on this site for things to do, places to go. Keep scrolling!
Location: Convenient lake cottage at the north end of Lake Amherst for very pleasant views overlooking entire lake. 2 1/2 hrs from Boston, 4 hours from NYC, 20 minutes to GMHA, VT route 100, autumn foliage, world-class skiing, Killington, Okemo, Ascutney. WiFi. Hip local dining in Ludlow, Vt, art galleries, hiking, tubing, local breweries, Crowley Cheese Factory, Plymouth Artisan Cheese Factory, apple orchards, maple syrup farms, trail hiking, biking, cool rivers, lakes & beaches, Plymouth State Park, Coolidge Homestead, Quechee Gorge, Billings-Marsh-Rockefeller Farm & Museum, VINS, King Arthur Flour Co, Vermont Salvage & scenic Woodstock.Accommodations- Something different.......A step back in time!
Equidistant between Killington & Okemo Mt ski areas- 15 minutes either direction.
Woodstock 30 minutes away. Ludlow 10 minutes away
Unique: We offer a unique experience. There are not many of these ole time lakeside cottage gems left because they just don't build them like this anymore. A quintessential 1930's era lakeside cottage which has kept its original charm. Come and enjoy the nostalgia... make memories of warm summer days spent on the lake, awesome summer naps, colorful foliage, the sound of the Pinkletinks (peepers), geese honking, ducks quacking, loons making their mournful cries, and fresh breezes..... anyone will agree it's a perfect setting for a family gathering, girlfriend getaway, and any celebratory weekends. This lakeside cottage will draw you in, wrap you up, and beg you to stay awhile. This cottage has been updated/preserved/renovated to include modern creature comforts.
There is no other place like it..
FEES: for optional amenities~ Added options to keep prices down.
Comes with a row boat. Boat rentals (extra boats) available summer-please inquire
Dog fee: $20-$25/night/dog.
Sorry, but there is a $30 for key replacement and/or mailing back left behind items.
DOGS: Dogs are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please inform owner you want to bring your dog. Please describe your dog by providing breed, age, temperament. Dogs left unattended must be crate trained. Dogs must be bathed and groomed prior to arrival. You must pick up (poop) after your dog.
Rural Area: Guests will need own vehicle. If winter, snow tires are a must, not all season radials. AWD or 4-wheel drive a bonus to getting around in wintery Vermont. Adding to this, please wear proper winter boots and not "city boots" on your feet or you will fall.
You are responsible to sanding and salting your walkway; there is no way we can predict when ice will form. We will supply the salt and sand.
House Rules: Over 8 people is an added fee of $50/pp/night. Limit 10. Please advise owner.
There is an option to rent the upstairs as well for full fee. See houfy.com/2688
Vermont has recycling laws we all participate in & abide by.
Guest will receive a contract once booked. Payment = acceptance of contract outline.
Travel insurance strongly recommended.
Calendar updated 11/18/20.
Call or email Alecia if interested:
BEFORE BOOKING property, please read entire site and verify owner identity.
Please preview this entire site for terms before booking. A request to book indicates that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms including buying travel insurance and our refund policy. If you have questions, please ask before requesting to book. We will be happy to answer and assist.
Calendar updated bi- monthly, sometimes weekly.
GUEST OCCUPANCY AGREEMENT - All rental transactions are held accountable to the Guest Occupancy Agreement between guest and owner. It outlines check-in and -out times, recycling requirements/laws, cancellation policy, emergency procedures, Acts of God etc. Owner will contact guest to fill out the contract. The contract will be mailed to the guest and we ask it be returned via e-mail or snail mail within 3-7 days. The rental may be cancelled by the owner at owner's discretion if terms are not met. Trip insurance is strongly encouraged and recommended.
No booking fees! Need a payment plan? Talk to us. Talk directly with the owner! 802-558-0040. Dog friendly......Woof! Cash discount! Vacation in Vermont! Owner by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Houfy.
Ready to book? Have you read the entire listing?
Rental Payment Policy & Cancellation Policy
• If paying by credit card, 50% of total payment is immediately due upon booking. The remaining 50% is due 90 days prior to commencement. If less than 90 days until commencement of stay, the full amount is immediately due.
• If paying by check or cash for a discount, a $200 non-refundable fee (we will invoice you) is required to hold the dates. The $200 will be applied to the total amount due. If less than 90 days from commencement, payment needs to be paid within 5 days along with this signed Guest Occupancy Agreement.
• No substitutions or trade-in of dates. Dates are final and binding.
• No refunds for extra guest(s) charges if they end up not staying.
• Trip insurance- Please check your credit card to see if you have trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance. As part of this Agreement, purchasing trip insurance is highly encouraged. Generally, there are 3 conditions that must be met to purchase a Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) Rider as follows: 1) Purchase the policy within 10 - 21 days of First Trip Payment; 2) Insure ALL prepaid and non-refundable travel expenses prior to departure; 3) Trip arrangements must be canceled more than 48 hours prior to the departure date. If you meet all 3 of these conditions, most of the policies will reimburse you 75% of your trip costs, unless otherwise noted. Please read the fine print of your insurance policy carefully.
• Canceled bookings will receive a refund minus $200 cancellation + any credit card fees IF cancelled 120 or more days from the commencement of the stay. If cancellation is between 119-31 days from commencement date AND the property can be re-rented for that same time and amount a $500 cancellation fee plus cc fees apply. Cancellations less than 30 days will likely not receive a refund due to short notice. Upon notice of a desired cancellation, we will remove you from the calendar, re-open the calendar in a goodwill effort to re-rent.
• Refunds at any time are only issued if we have a Vermont state mandatory evacuation or travel ban in our area.
• All rental agreements are final and binding.
Alecia & John
Policies and Rules
|Check In||4PM - Flexible|
Once we receive full payment and a signed rental agreement within the terms outlined in the rental agreement, the guest will be provided with our no stress and easy access information. Early check ins are on a case-by-case basis dependent upon cleaning schedules. In summer it is highly unlikely. Need to have the home cleaned for everyone and that takes all the time between guests..
Explore more options around Plymouth
4 BR ~ Lake Amherst Cottage ~ Plymouth, Vt is a Vacation Home located in Plymouth, Vermont, United States. This Vacation Home is available for short term lodging and accommodates 8 guests
4 BR ~ Lake Amherst Cottage ~ Plymouth, Vt has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and was listed on Houfy on Apr 2019
Listing # 7886 - 1343 Views