E Komo Mai: Checking In and Checking Out at Hale O' Honu'ea
The Fairways is a gated community of town homes in Mauna Lani Resort. Here at Hale O' Honu'ea, we have a keyless entry lock. You will receive the gate code as well as your personal front door entry code 7-14 days prior to check-in, after your final payment is received. You will also receive a pdf guide with your full check-in instructions for easy printing or saving to your mobile device during your stay.
Checking In: Check in time is 4 pm
- The drive-in gate keypad will be on the drivers side as you turn into the Fairways. If you're arriving at night we recommend you have your smart-phone flashlight ready - Hawaii street lighting is very dim compared to what we're used to on the mainland! (This is annoying for the gate entry, but wonderful for stargazing).
- Enter the # symbol followed by the 4 digit gate code, and the car gate will swing open.
3. Turn right after the gate and drive straight until you see the first bank of parking spaces on your right or the bank directly in front of you before the road curves left. These spots are your closest parking for building 12. You can park for 10 minutes in front of the garage to unload, but please do not leave your car in the driveway so as not to block the other town houses from driving into or out of their garages.
4. We have a key-less lock on our front door. A motion-sensor light will come on at night to highlight the keypad. To open the front door, enter your personal front door Code (will be sent to you on your check-in PDF), on the keypad, then turn the thumb turn toward the door hinges. When leaving, close the door and either press the "SCHLAGE" button or enter your personal front door code to activate the thumb turn to engage the locking mechanism.
5. You will find 1 pool key and 1 grey beach access card in the top right hand drawer of the kitchen counter.
6. More information is in our Welcome Binder inside Hale O' Honu'ea.
Parking within the Fairways: The townhome has a garage that is yours to use for parking. The remote control is in the top right hand kitchen drawer. Please remember to return the remote before departure. Parking in any of the stalls in the community is first come first serve. If you are parking overnight outside of the garage, please complete a parking tag (pick up from the front entrance manager’s office above the pool, or extra tags are in the top right kitchen drawer). Drop off the bottom part of the tag at the manager’s office and hang the tag from your rear view mirror.
Checking Out: Checkout time is 10 AM
When you checkout please:
· Place all used towels in a pile on the laundry room floor. Please load and start dishwasher.
· Please take out garbage and recycling.
· Please leave the pool key, grey beach access pass, garage remote in the top right hand kitchen drawer.
· Leave the AC on for housecleaning.
· Close and lock windows and doors.
Please remember, Hale O' Honu'ea is a vacation home, not a hotel. Though our housekeeper is meticulous and we work hard to make your stay perfect, things may happen. Please let us know as soon as possible if you have any issues upon arrival, and we will do everything in our power to fix the issue and do so with as little impact to your vacation as possible.
We hope you enjoy Hale O' Honu'ea and the Big Island as much as we do!
E Komo Mai (Welcome), and Mahalo (thank you) for choosing Hale O' Honu'ea for your visit to the Big Island.