Houfy - Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated August 10, 2020
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") outlines some examples of prohibited conduct in connection with the Houfy Services. This AUP is incorporated by reference into, and governed by the Terms of Service or other similar written agreement between you (Member) and Houfy Inc.
The Houfy Services are used by people to share information, build their brands, grow their businesses and everything in between. We’re proud of the creative and inspiring ways that people use the Houfy Services. At the same time, we expect our members to behave responsibly. As a Houfy member, you agree not to misuse the Houfy Services or help anyone else do so. For example, you can't do any of the following in connection with the Houfy Services:
Abusing And Disrupting The Houfy Services
- Don’t probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network.
- Don’t breach or otherwise bypass any security or authentication measures.
- Don’t access, tamper with or use nonpublic areas or parts of the Houfy Services, or shared areas of the Houfy Services you haven't been invited to.
- Don’t interfere with or disrupt any member, host or network (whether it’s Houfy’s or someone else’s), for example by distributing malware or overloading, flooding or mail-bombing any part of the Houfy Services.
- Don’t take apart, decompile or reverse engineer any part of the Houfy Services in an effort to access things such as source code or algorithms.
- Don’t access, search or create accounts for the Houfy Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, scraping, spidering or crawling).
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or our third party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t provide your password to any other person, use any other person’s username and password, or otherwise manage the Houfy Services through shared credentials.
Spamming And Phishing
- Don’t send spam or other unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements. (We reserve the right to determine what constitutes spam.)
- Do not use the Houfy Services in connection with unsolicited, unwanted, or harassing communications (commercial or otherwise), including, but not limited to, phone calls, SMS or MMS messages, chat, voice mail, video, or faxes.
- Do not engage in any unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities prohibited by applicable law or regulation covering anti-spam, data protection, or privacy legislation in any applicable jurisdiction, including, but not limited to anti-spam laws and regulations such as the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act.
- Don't use the Houfy Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about individuals, including email addresses or phone numbers, without their explicit consent or under false pretenses.
- Don’t send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including without limitation phishing or spoofing.
Deceiving And Impersonating Others
- Don’t do anything that's false, fraudulent, inaccurate or deceiving.
- Don’t impersonate another person, company or entity.
- Don’t engage in misleading or unethical marketing or advertising.
- Don't create a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call.
- Don’t use unauthorized credit cards, debit cards or other unauthorized payment devices on the Houfy Services.
- Don’t promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization.
- Don’t sell the Houfy Services unless specifically authorized to do so, or publish or use the Houfy Services on any network or system other than those provided by Houfy unless previously authorized by Houfy.
Infringing, Misappropriating And Violating Rights
- Don't use Houfy Services to transmit any material that infringes anyone's copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
- Don’t violate anyone’s privacy or publicity rights.
Being A Jerk
- Don’t do or post anything threatening, harassing, abusive, excessively violent, offensive, sexually explicit or obscene.
- Don’t advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group based on their race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age or disability.
- Don't use the Houfy Services to transmit any material or content that is offensive, inappropriate, pornographic, obscene, illegal, or otherwise objectionable to any person or entity.
- Don't use the Houfy Services to transmit any material that is, facilitates, or encourages libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech or acts to any person or entity, including but not limited to hate speech, and any other material that Houfy reasonably believes degrades, intimidates, incites violence against, or encourages prejudicial action against anyone based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category.
Breaking The Law
- Don’t use the Houfy Services in violation of any US export controls, regulations or sanctions.
- Don’t do anything that otherwise violates the law, including without limitation all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
If we conclude that you’re violating any of these policies, or engaging in any other behavior we deem abusive or inappropriate, we may take action against your Account. We try to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases we reserve the right to remove any content or suspend your Account, without any refund of any amounts paid for the Houfy Services, without notice, at any time and for any reason. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, this Acceptable Use Policy in our sole discretion.
You will see this screen from your IP, when you try accessing Houfy.
You can report violations of these guidelines to us directly by emailing email@example.com
We may modify this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time, and will post the most current version on our site. If a modification meaningfully reduces your rights, we'll notify you in accordance with the procedures set forth in our Terms of Service.
If you have any comments or questions about this Acceptable Use Policy, feel free to contact us.