Communicating with hosts
Can I message a host without making a reservation?
Yes. You can message a host on Houfy to ask them questions about their availability, their listing(s), and your specific needs.
To message a host without making a reservation:
- On houfy.com, go to the listing for the host you want to contact.
- Click Ask the host a question on the listing page.
- Enter the dates and number of guests for your trip. You can adjust this information before messaging.
- Write your message and click Send Message.
Make sure to review the listing page before reaching out to clarify anything you need from the host.
What can you do when you try to contact a host about a Houfy property and they don’t answer?
If you have not yet received a response, there are a few steps you may take:
- Verify that you received an inquiry confirmation email from Houfy. This will confirm that your inquiry was delivered to the host.
- Verify that you do not have any response messages in your email’s junk or spam folder.
- Adjust your email filter settings to allow for incoming messages from “@houfy.com”.
Alternatively, search for other properties on Houfy.