What is Houfy
Houfy is a social marketplace for vacation rentals and real estate properties. By connecting properties directly with guests and buyers, Houfy makes it easy to find, rent or sell vacation homes and real estate around the world with no booking or agent fees.
Our mission is to connect people with places.
What does Houfy mean?
HOUFY derived its name from “HOUse For You”
What makes HOUFY different?
Houfy is unique for the Vacation Rental and Real Estate industries, allowing members to rent, sell, exchange and purchase a property almost anywhere in the world.
- Houfy connects owners directly with guests and buyers. We’ve created a platform where people can connect directly with property owners, managers and agents with no middle man, thus eliminating service and agent fees related to property transactions.
- Houfy builds technologies and services to promote places & grow businesses for our members.
Houfy provides tools to build and elevate its members (e.g. Houfy maps, user-generated content tools to build stories and guidebooks, dynamic SEO to promote properties, payment processing, website integration widgets for calendar, price quotes, and more. And a website builder to be launched soon.)
- Houfy is a social marketplace, combining the best elements of social networks and marketplace features on one platform.
- Houfy is a fun and social community. Travel is all about experiences with friends and family. On HOUFY, members can share their experiences and travel tips in the form of stories or create travel communities around similar interests and needs.
- HOUFY grows with its members. Houfy is a community that grows and evolves organically as users add listings and destination information.
- Houfy is easy. With Houfy you can easily set up your Airbnb or Vrbo listing with one click and sync’ your calendars across multiple rental sites.
- Houfy is secure. Houfy uses identity verification tools to promote a safe and trusted marketplace.
- HOUFY is built and running on industry-leading technology.
What is a social marketplace?
Houfy is a social marketplace connecting people with properties.
A social marketplace is a new business model of an “enabling economy”. The key attributes are:
- Combine the main elements of both social networks and marketplaces
- Use SaaS workflow software to focus action around longer-term projects and relationships, not just a quick transaction
- Promote the service provider as a differentiated individual, helping to build long-term business benefits
- A social marketplace elevates the person, their reputation, and their value.
Social marketplaces have stronger retention and engagement. They represent a different way to do business compared to sites like Airbnb or Uber that simply aggregate demand. In that model, neither the seller nor the customer matter. An Uber driver doesn’t know the customer and the customer doesn’t know the driver. They may never connect again.
To learn more, please join us at: