– dinner and live music at the Chattaway – be sure to ask for fish food and the kids can feed the koi in their pond.
– ice cream at a place on the north end of st Pete beach called Tasty cone – it looks like a giant ice cream cone – it’s on the west side of gulf blvd not far from the McDonalds.
– Dinner downtown on beach drive, strolling along the marina, there’s an ice cream place there too (Kilwins), or going to the Sundial for a movie
– breakfast or lunch at Munch’s (right as you turn to get onto coquina key) – there’s a cute coffee shop next door
– lunch at Old Southeast Market
– Mazzaro’s Italian market (on 22nd Ave North) – large Italian market with great sandwiches, dean and deluca type prepared food, gelato bar, espresso bar, home made pizza, pasta, etc.
– Nueva Cantina – it’s also got a sign that says “That Mexican place” – it’s on 4th st – not to far past Mastry’s as you head toward downtown.
– Bodega on central avenue makes a fantastic cuban sandwich (the search for the perfect cuban sandwich is a quest in this area of the country)
– At John’s pass there’s a great little restaurant that serves lobster rolls…. Although the other epic quest there is to find the best grouper sandwich.
– The Dali museum (downtown st Pete) – they have some kid friendly exhibits and the architecture/design of the building is gorgeous.
– watching the sunset at the beach (pass a grill or st Pete, there’s also one called sunset beach just north of st Pete beach.
– kayaking from the backyard into tampa bay
– getting live bait (or fresh fish) at Mastry’s Bait shop (on 4th ave, just a bit north of the Chattaway)
– the Rowdies are the pro soccer team in town. The stadium is right on the bay near downtown – it’s hot to go to a game these days – but it’s fun.
– From Sept – May there’s an amazing Saturday farmer’s market – in the summer it’s smaller and in a different location – so I can’t personally attest to how it is since we have not been but the fall-spring one is fantastic.
– We also love love love relaxing in the backyard all year long, cooking out on the grill, sitting on the dock – we often see manatees, rays, dolphin, tons of fish.