Travel light with only a carry-on to Playa del Carmen
Here are some tips for traveling light to Playa.
- Playa is one of the most relaxed, casual, laid back destinations you will find. You can wear shorts and a t-shirt everywhere. I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in the whole dress up thing when I'm on vacation. We've visited most restaurants in the area with flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt. Don't pack a rain coat. If you need one, there are disposable ponchos all over town.
- If you're like me, you can't wait to dig into the latest novel and just relax on the beach. But, do you really want to drag along four books? I switched to a kindle last year, despite my protests for years that I was a purist and loved books. Forget that! The kindle is the way to go! We have secure wifi in our condo so you can download as many books as you like while staying with us. But, if you still favor page turning, we have a bookshelf full of books left behind by other travelers, and me! Take one or leave one. You'll need to save room in your bag for all of the souvenirs you buy!
- Use packing cubes or the Ziploc space bags. I use these everywhere! You can really compress these down by pushing out all the air. I've packed king size comforters in these and gotten two of them in a large suitcase with room to spare!! And the nice thing about them, is TSA can see right through them so there is less chance of them rummaging through my things. You can also pack a wet swimsuit in them, zip it up, and away you go!
- If you rent a condo, get one with a washer and dryer. This makes a huge difference in the amount of clothes you pack. If you don't have laundry machines, there are many laundry services about town and they are so cheap. They do it all and the clothes come back folded and smelling great.
- Most hotels and some condos provide hair dryers, soap, shampoo, and more convenience items. You can pack your sunscreen, but every store in Playa del Carmen sells it and many of them are even cheaper than purchasing at home. Our condo is only 4 minutes to town, so why not wait?
So what are you waiting for? Get going to beautiful Playa del Carmen!
Report this post