Stunning mountain views await at Leaping Fawn Lodge, a unique 25-acre gated estate! A Bavarian Tudor boasting all modern conveniences with a bit of Viking character thrown in provides both seclusion and tranquility. We cater to family reunions as well as corporate retreats. A total of 9 bedrooms (5 with ensuite bathrooms), 2 additional full bathrooms and 2 half baths provide privacy and convenience for your group.
This expansive home is situated on 25 gated acres, overlooking Jonathan Creek Valley and offers spectacular mountain views, walking trails, 2 ponds, furnished decks, hot tub, 8-person dry sauna, 6 flat-screen cable TVs - including an 86-inch UHD Smart TV with Bluetooth sound bar - a game room with a wood-burning fireplace and pool table, home gym area and an outdoor dining and grilling area with fire pit. Located close to downtown Waynesville, 30-45 minutes from Asheville Regional Airport (travel time will vary based on traffic, time of day, construction, etc.) we offer easy access to Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Asheville and Cataloochee Ski Resort!
THINGS TO NOTE:
* Host requires a minimum $1500 damage deposit, signed rental agreement and photo ID in order to secure reservation (Due within 48 hours of acceptance of booking, otherwise cancelation fee will be incurred)
* Wi-fi is slow and spotty hotspot (the only available option in our rural mountain location) no refunds will be issued due to service interruptions.
* Trash removal is the responsibility of the guest, as there is no commercial waste pick up.
* Pool is not operational and is not currently offered as an amenity.
* We are not on city water and have a septic system. We provide a starter supply of septic safe toilet tissue and require guests to only use products marked as "safe for septic systems" and to not flush wipes, paper towels, etc.
* Air Conditioning: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ENTIRE HOUSE IS NOT AIR-CONDITIONED: All bedrooms on the top floor have central AC; the Stargazer (master suite on the first floor) has central AC; the Family King Suite and twin bedroom share a fixed AC floor unit (which cools both rooms, if connecting door is open). The kitchen has a mini-split unit and the Bunk room in the lower level has a mini-split unit. There are ceiling fans in all bedrooms, except the Cherry bedroom.
1 - Stargazer Master Suite - Ground Floor - King Bed, sleeps 2. Ensuite full bath with sunken tub/shower & half bath
2 - Family Suite King Bedroom - Ground Floor - King Bed, sleeps 2. Ensuite full bath with tub/shower.
3 - Family Suite Twin Bedroom - Ground Floor - 2 Twin beds, sleeps 2. (adjoins the Family King bedroom).
4 - Oak Master Suite - 2nd Floor - King bed, sleeps 2. Ensuite bath with jetted soaking tub, separate steam shower, private deck.
5 - Bear Master Suite - 2nd Floor - King bed, sleeps 2. Ensuite full bath with double sink vanity and jacuzzi tub/shower combo.
6 - Cherry Bedroom - 2nd Floor - King bed, sleeps 2. Private furnished deck.
7 - Retro Apartment Queen bedroom- 2nd Floor, Queen bed, sleeps 2. Ensuite bathroom with shower. Located in the "Retro Apartment" with living area, full kitchen, private deck.
NOTE: The "Retro apartment" is included in the rental of the Lodge, and cannot be booked separately, as there is no exterior entrance.
8 - King bedroom - Lower (Basement) Level, sleeps 2.
9 - Bunk Room - Lower (Basement) Level - 3 Twin over Full bunk beds, sleeps 9. DIsh TV with video game consoles, table with 2 chairs, storage bench for extra seating, closet and en suite full bath with shower.
Host your next family getaway at this unbeatable mountain property. There are several indoor seating areas with cable TVs so you can all unwind together or find your own space.
The main living area features a wood-burning fireplace in the kitchen dining area and sleek glass doors opening to the furnished deck. Linger outside and watch the sunset with the company of friends and family.
At mealtime, head into the fully equipped main kitchen - complete with granite counters and an island - to prepare your favorite home-cooked treats. Feed everyone with ease in the outdoor kitchen area with both gas & charcoal grills, just steps away from the lower level game room. With seats available in the kitchen, in the separate dining room and the bar area, your whole group will be able to dine at the same time! If you'd rather cook and dine in a more intimate setting, the upstairs attached apartment boasts a fully equipped kitchen with seating for 7.
For evening fun, the Viking Room in the basement features gaming tables, a 9 foot pool table and a full bar area! Rustic wood beams, stone floors, a suit of armor and a wood-burning fireplace transport you back into Medieval times. After a day of hiking or skiing, soothe your muscles in the hot tub or sauna, then head to one of the thoughtfully appointed bedrooms.
When you're ready to call it a night, head into the Stargazer master suite and take a soak in the inset, tiled tub with a full mosaic wall. 5 of the 9 bedrooms have their own bathroom or a shared en-suite bathroom for maximum convenience. The comfortable sleeping accommodations ensure everyone in your group falls asleep with ease!
In the morning, take a walk along one of the nature trails and relax on the wooden swing beside the koi pond before heading inside for breakfast.
Leaping Fawn Lodge has it all-secluded and tranquil, with close proximity to some of the area's top attractions! Head into quaint downtown Waynesville to stroll the charming streets and find the perfect souvenir in the boutique shops! Dine at Sweet Onion or at Bogart's steak house.
Head into Great Smoky Mountain National Park to hike to some of the area's most beautiful waterfalls, and soak in the vibrant fall colors. The scenic Blue Ridge Parkway can be accessed via nearby Maggie Valley-it winds through the mountains and offers 469 miles of mountain views, valleys and countryside.
Pack your skis and get ready to spend the day on the slopes at Cataloochee Ski Area 16 miles away. The Maggie Valley ski mountain boasts a terrain park, 17 ski slopes, snow tubing and lights on all runs for night skiing! Visit Asheville to tour the Biltmore Estate before perusing the arts, dining and architecture downtown.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include 2 fully equipped kitchens, a wet bar, air conditioning (in all top floor bedrooms, the master suite and the family suite), free WiFi, 6 flat-screen cable TVs, 2 flat-screen TVs with DVD players, 2 wood-burning fireplaces (2 of which are usable), 7-person hot tub, game room with stone floors and medieval decor, master suite with mosaic sunken tub, sauna, washer and dryer, 3 furnished decks with panoramic views and outdoor seating, furnished patio with built-in stone seating, gas & charcoal grills, 25 private acres with walking paths, 2 ponds (including 1 koi pond), a wooden swing and gazebo, driveway parking for 10 vehicles, carport parking for 1 additional vehicle and more!
- Stunning Waynesville location just outside of downtown Waynesville, with easy access to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway, Cataloochee Ski Area and Asheville
- Nearest Major Airport: Asheville Regional Airport (~37 miles away)
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Policies and Rules
Explore more options around Waynesville
Leaping Fawn Lodge - Waynesville is a Vacation Home located in Waynesville, NC, USA. This Vacation Home is available for short term lodging and accommodates 25 guests
Leaping Fawn Lodge - Waynesville has 9 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and was listed on Houfy on Feb 2020
Listing # 13194 - 4978 Views