Important Info & Departure Notes
- ARRIVAL TIME IS AFTER 4PM AND DEPARTURE TIME IS NOT LATER THAN 10AM unless previously approved in writing.
- REMEMBER THE SPEED LIMIT ON OUR ROAD IS 15MPH—please be courteous to our neighbors and do not speed; this causes damage to our privately-maintained road and dust for our neighbors.
- There is a first-aid kit & fire extinguisher in the hall closet behind the refrigerator.
- For ourdoor firepit/chiminea, do not use cut wood under deck. There is a pile of wood near the firepit for outdoor use (or plenty of dead wood around the property). The wood under the deck is for the indoor, wood-burning fireplaces in the winter only.
- DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO STACK OR THROW OUR GRAVEL – we need it all, where it is, for erosion control.
- Any remnants of sidewalk chalk, washable markers/paint, airsoft gun pellets, cigarettes, pet waste, etc must be cleaned-up prior to departure. A charge for additional cleaning will be withheld from your damage deposit.
- DO NOT MOVE ANY FURNITURE – this includes outdoor furniture; do not use our deck furniture as baby/pet gates (please bring your own, if needed).
- Remove all trash (including pet waste) and take to Convenience Center located at 2097 Altapass Highway (just past Halltown Road) on the right. If you are departing on a Sunday or Wednesday, the Convenience Center is closed; please be sure to take trash the day before and then place small amount of remaining trash in garbage bag and put inside the trash can on the screened porch, fastening lid tightly.
- Leave all dirty linens in a pile on beds (please do not make-up dirty beds) and hang any dirty towels or washcloths over the tub or shower; this will help prevent any mildew. Please do not leave wet items in a pile in the laundry room or anywhere else. Be sure to check under beds and in closets for personal items that may have been left behind. Any items needing to be returned will be shipped back to you at your cost.
- Place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start cycle. The housekeeper will empty the dishwasher.
- Turn off ice maker in freezer.
- Turn off all lights, A/C , electric heaters and empty dehumidifier tank in downstairs living room prior to departure.
- Lock all doors and windows; it is not necessary to lock the screen doors.
- Close all blinds and curtains in the warmer months, leave them open in the colder months please.
- Empty any COLD ashes from upstairs fireplace and/or downstairs wood stove and charcoal grill and place the ashes in the fire pit in the side yard. If coals are still hot, please leave them and the housekeeper will remove them later.
- Replace cover on outside grill, if used.
Leave your comments in our guest book and be sure to send us any photos that you’d like to be included in our photo collection. Also, don’t forget to post your feedback on Facebook, Houfy & Google!