- Comanche - 3rd Saturday, Food Truck Rodeo
- Stephenville - 4th week, Larry Joe Taylor Music Festive
- Priddy - 1st weekend, Melody Oaks Ranch Spring Concert & Tractor Pull
- Comanche - 2nd weekend, TMRA Motorcycle Rally
- Hico - 3rd Saturday, Steak Cook-Off
- Comanche - 2nd weekend, Comanche Junior Rodeo
- Gustine - Memorial Day Weekend, Gustine Homecoming & Rodeo
- Dublin -2nd Weekend, Dublin Days, Tour de Aqua bike race
- Comanche - 3rd Weekend, Comanche Pro Rodeo
- Comanche - all Thursdays, Jams in June
- Comanche - 2nd Wednesday, Comanche County Dairy Breakfast
- Deleon - week of 4th Saturday, Quilt Show
Deleon - first full week of August, Peach and Melon Festival, Tractor Pull (Thursday-Saturday), Golden Saturday
Comanche - fourth weekend in September, Pow Wow, State BBQ Cookoff, Car & Tractor Show, Music
Early Texas Showcase (Early) - third weekend in September
Cowboy Capital PRCA Rodeo (Stephenville) - www.cowboycapitalprcarodeo.com
Iredell Spartan Marathon - fourth weekend in October
Hamilton County Dove Festival - fourth weekend in October
Cransfil Gap - Bacon Bash Texas - third Saturday in October
Comanche - October 31, Trunk or Treat, Costume Contest, Halloween on the Square
Comanche - first Friday, Deer Hunter's Chili Supper
Deleon - Saturday after Thanksgiving, Arts & Craft Show
Deleon - first Friday, Country Christmas
Comanche - second Saturday, Cora's Christmas, Lighted Parade, Tour of Homes, Jingle Mingle
Relaxing, Hiking, Biking, Nature walks, Handling goats, Horseback riding, Gardening, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Bird watching, Farm work, Star gazing, Foraging, Cooking lessons, Gourmet meals, Cook out, Weddings, Conservation, Picnics
- The Harvest Restaurant - seasonal farm to table
112 N. Austin Street, Comanche, TX 76224
- 4 North Event Center
122 N. Austin Street, Comanche, TX 76442
- Stone Eagle Beer Garden
124 N. Austin Street, Comanche, TX 76442
- Comanche Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture.
304 S. Austin.
Named for the Comanche tribe, this community is rich in pioneer and Texas history, there are more than 65 historic landmarks in the county. Antique shops, restaurants, and local artisans can be found here. A walking tour features the historic business district. Information is available at the Comanche Depot. Hunters find deer, quail, dove and wild turkey.
- Comanche County Historical Museum - Features Native American and pioneer artifacts housed in a replica of a frontier store. A replica of the Jack Wright Saloon inside the museum depicts a notorious shoot-out involving Texas gunslinger John Wesley Hardin, who moved to Comanche in 1874. 402 Moorman Road. (325) 356-5115.
- Comanche Depot - This restored historic depot, built in 1912, features a small rail museum and offers visitor information. South Austin Street at Bonner Avenue. (325) 356-3233. www.comanchechamber.org
- Fleming Oak - This tree is the only remaining member of a large grove of oaks around which the town developed. Legend has it that the city began clearing the grove many years ago to pave the square, but a settler objected, saying the oak tree saved his life during battle. The city relented on part of its paving project, and the tree stands today at the southwest corner of Comanche's town square.
- LAKE - Proctor Lake - This Army Corps of Engineers lake offers parks with boat ramps, fishing, picnicking and camping. Hunting during season. Between Comanche and De Leon off Texas 16; also accessible from Dublin. (254) 879-2424.
- Old Cora - Texas' oldest existing courthouse was built in 1856 in the town of Cora, then the county seat. When the county was partitioned three years later, Comanche became the new county seat, and the building was relocated. A water well, hand dug in 1859, on the grounds is lighted so visitors can see how the sides are built and the water in the bottom. At the corner on North Houston Street and U.S. 377.
- Brennan Vineyards, winery, www.brennanvineyards.com, (325) 356-9100.
- The Soda Shop
On the Square by the museum and mercantile.
- Dublin Chamber of Commerce: (254) 445-3422. www.dublintxchamber.com.
The towns name originally spelled Doublin, is said to come from a practice of early settlers who "doubled in" their wagons to defend against attacks. Another version says the town was named after the capital of Ireland. Hunters take deer, dove and quail in season.
- Ben Hogan Museum - The life and career of professional golf great Ben Hogan, born and raised in Dublin, Texas, is chronicled in this museum. 121 E. Blackjack St. (254) 445-4466.
- Dublin Bottling Works & Old Doc's Soda Shop. Tour this historic facility, which was the first to bottle Dr Pepper in 1891 and made the original cane sugar-sweetened version known as "Dublin Dr Pepper" until 2012. The facility produces other soft drinks. The W.P. Kloster Museum across the street features soda memorabilia and historical displays. Tour fee. 105 E. Elm. (888) 398-1024. www.dublinbottlingworks.com.
- Dublin Historical Museum. This museum features a varied collection of artifacts and historical displays that reflect small-town life. Includes displays on home life, technology and military. 116 W. Blackjack St. (254) 445-4550.
- Dublin Rodeo Heritage Museum. Everett Colborn and cowboy singing star Gene Autry put Dublin on the map with an annual rodeo in the 1940s and 1950s. This museum recalls the community's rodeo history and the cowboys and cowgirls who competed here. 118 W. Blackjack St. (254) 445-0200.
- Dublin Veterans Memorial. Markers honor the brave men and women who have served the country from Civil War through modern times. 206 W. Blackjack St. On the grounds of the Dublin Public Library.
- W.M. Wright Historical Park. Site includes the William T. Miller Grist Mill, built of native stone in 1882, and the 1855 Turnbow-Barbee log cabin built by early settlers. Picnic pavilion available. At Texas 6 West and Park Street. (254) 445-4550.
- Granny Clarks, 213 N. Patrick Street, Dublin, TX 76446, (254) 445-3444, www.grannyclarksrestaurant.com
- Woody's Place, 17157 US-377, Dublin, TX 76446, (254) 445-3737, www.woodysplacetexas.com
- De Leon Chamber of Commerce. (254) 893-2083. www.deleontexas.com.
De Leon is home to Texas' largest fruit farm, the largest peanut shelling plant in the U.S. and acres of pecan trees. The town's "Weeping Oak" has limbs that grow downward. Texas' oldest Peach and Melon Festival is held here in August.
- Terrill Antique Car Museum. Features several rare automobiles, some more than 100 years old, including a 1901 steam-powered car and a 1941 Packard convertible. Admission charge. 509 N. Texas St. (254) 893-3773.
- Tarleton State University
- Stephenville Chamber of Commerce. (254) 965-5313. www.srephenvilletexas.org.
This city began with settlement by the Stephens brothers. It is home of Tarleton State University, which features the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center and Gallery as well as the TSU Planetarium.
Events include an Antique Tractor Show and Pull in the spring and the Cowboy Capital of the World Pro Rodeo and Bygone Days on the Bosque in the fall.
- Historical House Museum Complex. Includes 1869 Victorian home with period furnishings and area history, a carriage house, a reconstructed 1854 log cabin, and a 19th-century church. Free.
525 E. Washington St. (254) 965-5880
- Hico Visitor Information. (254) 796-4620 x2. www.hico-tx.com. Pronounced "HIGH-coe," the city was named by the founder after his hometown in Kentucky. The downtown area features antique stores, an artist studio and restaurants. The historic home of famous photographer Frank Rufus Wiseman, at 406 W. Grubbs Road, houses a chocolate company and antiques.
One of the oldest Old Settler's Reunions, dating from 1882, is held each July. The largest steak cook-off in Texas is on the third Saturday in May.
- Billy the Kid Museum. According to Hico legend, Billy the Kid wasn't killed by Pat Garrett, but died of a heart attack in Hico at age 90. No matter how Ollie L. "Brushy Bill" Roberts - alias Billy the Kid - died, the legend lives on. The museum features related memorabilia. 114 N. Pecan St. (254) 796-2523. www.billythekidmuseum.com.
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, 204 E. Main St., (254) 386-3216. www.hamiltontexas.com. This community was plagued by Comanche raids in its early years. On the courthouse lawn stands a memorial to Anne Whitney, a frontier schoolteacher killed defending students during a raid. Surrounding the courthouse are a variety of shops and restaurants. Historic homes dot city streets and county lanes.
Hamilton Civic Theatre offers performances throughout the year, and the Hamilton County Dove Festival celebrates the start of hunting season.
- Hamilton County Courthouse. Built in 1887, this building was completely remodeled to a different architectural style in 1931. Today the building is in the National Register of Historic Places and was renovated in 2012. Historic documents, pictures and artifacts are on display on the first floor. Also on the grounds is a historic marker for Elsie Waerenskjold, a pioneer whose writings brought many settlers to Texas from her native Norway. 101 E. Henry. (254) 386-3815.
- Hamilton County Museum. Local artifacts and memorabilia are housed on the first floor of the old jail. Cells on the second floor are still intact. 113 W. Henry St. www.hamiltoncountymuseum.com.
- WINERY - Red Wing Dove Winery. www.redwingdove.com. (254) 372-3202.
Community of Wilson (not to be confused with Wilson, TX)