Things to do when it rains in Playa del Carmen - Updated April 2022.
1. Visit the 3D museum. It's a short walk from the condo and so much fun. The staff will take photos of you with your camera and help to pose you.
2. Visit the coral reef aquarium at Xcaret Water Park
3. Visit a glass factory. I just love the traditional blue rimmed glasses that you see everywhere in the Riviera Maya. You can purchase your own Mexican blown glass in many colors.
4. Rest up during the day for a trip to Cirque du Soleil, Joya in the evening. La Joya offers a show, dinner experience that you will always remember.
5. Rent a car and take a road trip! My Sister, Brother-in-law and I drove to the ruins of Muyil near Tulum. We had already visited all of the big ones, so why not? We were the only people there and had a great time!
6. Go swimming in a Cenote! The Riviera Maya has many of the hidden treasures. You will find them at Eco parks such as Xcaret, or by themselves, such as Rio Secreto. It's a great way to spend a rainy day or to cool off on a hot sunny day!
7. Go Shopping! You can stroll down Fifth Avenue for a lot of treasures. The Quinta Alegria shopping center is very nice (click on the link below to see all of the different shops). Or, you can go to the Centro Maya mall. It has a movie theater too. Ask which of the movies are in English.
The big Liverpool store on the highway is very nice. It's a department store with everything from clothing to furniture.
8. Schedule a service at the Xaman ha spa, right there in the condo complex. You can select a massage, facial, pedicure and more. Stop by the concierge desk in the Xaman Xa administration office for more information.
9. We have a smart TV at Caribbean Beachfront Condo. I know that you're missing the next episode of Handmaids Tale, or, maybe you have always wanted to binge watch Stranger Things on Netflix. Get some microwave popcorn and go for it!!
10. If it's not windy, you could play cards out on the deck or under the big palapa by the pool. Or, you could read a book while lying in one of the loungers. If it is too windy, we have a large dining table that would be perfect for card playing.
11. The Tequila Academy has tasting events.
12. If you're interested in Mayan artifacts, there is a museum in Cancun.
13. Learn to make the most authentic Mexican food. Co.Cos Culinary School
14. Try a painting class
I hope you can find something fun to do. Be curious and you will have fun!!
Created by Terry Frazee. All photos are property of K-mex corp. Many thanks to Robin Swenson for her outstanding photos at the 3D museum.