Step outside and you are right in the middle of Edinburgh. The castle is a 10 minute walk up the hill, and 3 well known theatres are right next door. You will get to Princes Street in about 5 to 10 minutes Palace and the Parliament a 10 minute walk downhill. The airport and every Saturday the farmers market takes place at the end of the street!
If you are looking for a central place to stay, look no further!
• 10 minutes from the Castle & 5-10 minutes from Princes Street West End
• Authentic period style including high ceilings and working shutters
• Large dining kitchen, great for socialising (6 dining seats and a 2 seater sofa).
• Newly renovated family bathroom (January 2019)
• King bedroom, double bedroom and twin room
• 2 single sofa day beds in TV lounge
• Central heating throughout and 24/7 hot water
• 3rd floor (3 sets of steps up) in a traditional tenement building. No lift so less suitable for people with mobility problems.
• Only 2 minutes to the famous Saturday Farmers Market
• Free Wifi
• Paid parking only (on street max 4 hours stay) or 24 hour parking at NCP Castle Terrace (2 min walk away)
• Washing machine available for guest use
• No scheduled arrivals after 10PM
You have the whole apartment to yourself during your stay. Please make yourself at home and we hope you have a wonderful time in Edinburgh.
Where possible we will meet you to hand you the keys and answer any questions you may have. And during your stay we are only a phone call or message away!
5 minutes from Princes Street's West End, and only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the Castle and The Grassmarket. The famous Edinburgh Frmers Market is held every Saturday at Castle Terrace at the end of the side street, only a 1 minute walk away!
You must also acknowledge
Grindlay Street is a vibrant area, so there will be the usual city noises of traffic, people etc
You couldn't be more central, with the Usher hall, Traverse Theatre, Lyceum Theatre, Filmhouse and Conference centre on your doorstep. Great restaurants, vintage shops, nightlife and tourist attractions on your door step.
The bus stop is just 1 minute up the road, as well as a taxi rank. The nr. 35 bus takes you straight to the airport, and the nr. 100 airport shuttle and the tram are close by too. Edinburgh waverley Station is a 5 minute taxi ride away, or a 20 minute walk.
We recommend guests to not bring a car or hire a car when coming to Edinburgh.
Edinburgh has an excellent bus network so a car is not nescessary in town and parking is very expensive.
If you need a car because (for instance) you are leaving Edinburgh to go up to the Highlands after your stay with us, we recommend you book your car from the day of departure and pick it up after checking out of our apartment.
• New to AirBNB? Use this link to get £25 of your first booking: www.airbnb.co.uk/c/amegaughinhelder
• Late arrival:
Please note we charge a late arrival fee of £20 for arrivals after 9PM and £30 for arrivals after midnight. This fee will be due in cash on arrival or can be pre-paid via AirBNB.
We do not accept scheduled arrivals after 10PM so please don’t book if you know you will be arriving after this time
|Living Area||100 Sqmt|
|Check In||4PM - 10PM|
Please confirm 7 days before arrival what time you expect to arrive in Edinburgh and how you will be travelling to Edinburgh. We will then be able to arrange to meet you at the apartment. We do not use lock boxes. No scheduled arrivals after 10PM. Please note we charge a £20 arrival fee for arrivals between 9PM and midnight, or £30 after midnight.
|Minimum stay||Per night||Weekend nights||Per week||Per month|
I am a Dutch girl living in Scotland. Mum of 2 boys, 2 dogs and 2 cats. I love traveling, meeting new people and learning new things. Most recently I have been improving my photography skills at college. In my (very limited) spare time I walk my dogs, read books and meet up with Outlander fans from around the UK and further afield.
My travels have so far taken me to:
* Most of Scotland and the UK (my fav place is The Isle of Skye)
* Amsterdam, Utrecht (to be fair as I am Dutch, most of The Netherlands)
* Berlin and Koln
* Sion (in Switserland)
* Venice, Treviso and Verona
* Kos and Zakynthos
* San Francisco and Los Angeles
In a few years time I will go and explore the world for a whole year with my husband and kids, but until then I would love to welcome you to my corner of the world!
❤ Theatre & Castle ☆ family apartment 5☆ location is a Vacation Home located in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom. This Vacation Home is available for short term lodging and accommodates 8 guests
❤ Theatre & Castle ☆ family apartment 5☆ location has 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and was listed on Houfy on Mar 2019