Also see our listing on Airbnb:
We have just bought our home this year - so we do not have any ratings on the property. We will match net-net pricing if you prefer to book via Airbnb if that makes you feel more confident. Our home is lovely, the area is great, we have an excellent english speaking property manager - We love it! We know you will too!
More about our home:
The backyard has a large deck overlooking the pool and a multitude of palm trees
• Sunbathe on your large deck listening to the Palms swaying in the ocean breeze and cool off in your private pool.
• The beach is only a 3 minute walk. There also is an outside shower, perfect for rinsing off sand after a stroll on the beach.
• 2 loungers for your sunbathing pleasure
• Table and chairs for outside dining or enjoying frosty beverages poolside
• Parking for 3 cars in the front, but who needs a car? Come and live like a local – experience the bus and the combi, buy your produce at the local markets, take a day trip to Merida (there is a very comfortable bus that leaves from Progreso everyday), take a tour (the tour guides are happy to meet up with you in a local spot easily accessible by combi (some will even pick you up from your home)
• Master Bedroom downstairs with cooling gel king mattress, ensuite bathroom & 50” SMARTTV (hooked up to cable)
• Master Bedroom upstairs with matrimonial mattress, ensuite bathroom & 32”TV (TV is hooked up to antenna only)
• 3rd Bedroom upstairs with matrimonial mattress
• Full Hall Bathroom upstairs
• ½ bath downstairs for guests
• Open concept living – kitchen equipped with microwave, coffeemaker and new whirlpool stove. Dishes, cookware and flatware provided. Breakfast bar overlooks dining and living area.
• New Couch in living room and 43” Flatscreen SMART TV (hooked up to cable).
• All of the windows have screens to allow you to enjoy the breezes coming off of the gulf.
• Air Conditioners are available in all 3 bedrooms.
• Internet/Wifi (25mb – for this area in Mexico this is outstanding – most homes are under 10); needless to say, if any member of your party needs to work remotely or you will be streaming video, this is the place for you.
Our home was built with security in mind.
• Entire property enclosed by walls and gate in the front.
• Protectores on all windows.
Besides taking tranquil walks along the shore and reminiscing about how beautiful our world is, there are a multitude of things to do during your time in Progreso:
• Explore the Yucatan with Puertours. Fernando speaks English and he is happy to pick you up at your home for the tours of your choosing. So much fun!
• Go Sailing with Mahalo Boats. Claudio Gasió speaks English. Meet up with him in Progreso and join him and his crew for a fantastic day of sailing. It’s incredible.
• Go Sailing with Sail Progreso. Ivan Dalmasso speaks English & Italian. Fantastic Reviews on his excursions, as well. Check it out!
• Progreso has multiple restaurants along the Malecon. Stop by Barloventos on cruiseship days. Be sure to say hello to Francisco, the owner. Francisco is well known in the expat community and such a nice person. He is a wealth of information and so helpful (he even exchanges $s to pesos for you). On cruiseship days, the street is closed off and you will sit side by side with other likeminded snowbirds and expats enjoying a cold refreshing beverage. It is a wonderful place to make new friends.
• Chicxulub Puerto has a fabulous square that comes alive with multiple eateries after 8pm at night. The food is made by local families. If you are looking the truly authentic experience, you will love to sit side by side with your Mexican neighbors enjoying delicious and inexpensive dishes (salbutes, panuchos, caldos … yum!).
• Merida has so much to offer. Check out the Yucatan expat life calendar for events and take a day trip. Autobus Progreso is a comfortable and inexpensive way to travel to the centro.
It is wonderful if you can speak Spanish, but if you do not – don’t worry! The locals are super friendly and appreciate your attempt to communicate. I used to make myself lists in English and Spanish before I went to the market, so I could ask for the items by name. It’s a pretty cool way to learn some words. You can also prepare yourself by learning some key phrases before you arrive. Duolingo (https://www.duolingo.com/) is a fun free app where you can learn some Spanish – it’s fun and it’s free! Google translate (although it often butchers the meaning) is a great tool when you are out and about and trying to communicate.
November - March (minimum rental period is 4 months). Once our snowbird rental is booked, we open open up our home for shorter term rentals.
***Open for booking Nov 2020 - Apr 2021 for snowbird/long term rental
***Also will consider year round rental - if you are looking to move to the area and are looking to rent first to explore
We hope you will reach out :)
|Minimum stay||Per night||Weekend nights||Per week||Per month|
Other Listings by Nikki (1)
Policies and Rules
|Check In||4PM - Flexible|
Before your arrival, we would be happy to help you in finding transportation to the property. You may choose to prearrange a ride or chose to rent a car. You will be met at the house and given a walk-thru. Once you are comfortable, you will be left to enjoy the property. Upon check-out, you will be met at the house and do a walk-thru. If all is well, your security deposit will be returned to you and you will be on your way. Note: We have an exceptional english speaking property manager who will be available to you to become acclimated and address any of your questions or concerns throughout your entire stay. Rest assured, you will be taken care of.
Explore more options around Progreso
Backyard oasis w/Pool, AC, Secure, ideal location! is a Vacation Home located in Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico. This Vacation Home is available for short term lodging and accommodates 6 guests
Backyard oasis w/Pool, AC, Secure, ideal location! has 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and was listed on Houfy on Jul 2019
Listing # 9542 - 165 Views