What is the Future tax rate change field for?
Example: You receive a notice from your county, state, city, etc. that your lodging/TOT/occupancy tax rate will change from 12% to 13% on October 1st. As soon as you receive this notice, update your Houfy listing so that any new reservations made beginning this date will have the appropriate taxes collected.
But what about existing reservations that begin after the new tax change date? Owners typically handle this in one of two ways:
- They include in their contract (that the guest already signed) that guest will be notified and is responsible for any subsequent increase in the occupancy tax.
- The owner chooses to pay the difference out of his/her own pocket.
How Do I Add the Future Tax Rate?
- Menu>Manage Listings>Edit>Pricing>Rates & Fees.
- Check box next to Future tax rate change.
- Enter future tax percent and select starting date.